What next? US dollar crash..??

sweet - thanks for that GP.

interesting the DOW is hovering around the 8200 ~ 8400 range. i wonder if we're seeing the eye of the storm - i certainly don't think we've hit bottom.

interesting timing that the DOW floats a little, but it took the price of oil to fall to 2 year lows. such a shame that oil is tied to commodities - if commodities could stay up with jusy oil falling i think the DOW could recover slightly.

yeah saw larger moves in gold late this week, and increased holdings in GOLD.ASX. thought the same that it was probably ready to take off.
the guys I listen to have been saying when it blows it'll blow quick.

I hadn't been sure when it'd take off and thought it might be another 6mths to 2 years. So if we have a few false starts I won't be surprised....but bear markets fall quickly on fear, and it is the same fear that will now drive gold.

saw that this morning LL.
looks like I got in just in time.

though wanted to get a lot more over the next 2 weeks but will have to suffice with derivatives for the time being.

What did you buy from Perth Mint? Those gold coins with the dingo's on them? :D

Im not sure if this question has been answered, but here it goes

the APEC summit has just started, and a few or many of the leaders have said the economy doom and gloom has just started and WILL get worse..

so the usual symptons, increased poverty, high unemployemtn, unstability etc. etc.

ASSUMING that the worse were to come, what can we expect to see in

1. interest rates
2. overall property values in both the short/long term
3. property prices in the entry levels
4. property prices in the higher end say ($1m +)

Im very curious from an economical perspective.......

Unfortuantely, I am not completely objective on this, as I am looking for IP#1 in the next 12 months, and Im not trying to time the market really but, ive heard lots of people, research and info saying that, if prices were going to drop, its just started, and timing wise, maybe March 09 to July 09 is the best time to buy in the short term due to economy factors as well as the general property market factors

PM, I can assure you that you are in good company when you admit you don't know what's ahead. Nobody else does either.

I "waste" a lot of hours over the weekend trying to get a handle on what to expect and two guys I respect, both far smarter than us, have quite different views.

The result is that I end up doing nothing in the new week and that has shown to be a fair call.

SUnfish.

well this is my opinion...for those that care...

Doom or gloom type attitude or not, as a few agents have said there are more and more people forced to sell their properties due to cashflow reasons etc. so prices especially in the bluechip areas are suffering, and especially at the higher end...

I don;t think the affects of the crashing shares, super, etc,. etc. have completely filtered through yet, maybe a few people hoping for a better price on their property ie being stubborn or hopeful, or people not accepting the fact that its not worth as much as it used to be or people managing to scramble some cash together to avoid selling their properties...

the unemployment rate hasn;t been affected much, so I reckon i nthe near future it will go higher, so people will need to sell more properties, I assume based on logic.

as for rents, I have no idea, I don;t know the economics behind it either, some people have suggested buying is/will be cheaper then renting, if this is the case, will it encourage people to buy??? or will people be scared in committing for the long term even if its cheaper??? maybe someone can explain the economics of the rent in these type of situations, in times of economical problems, when buying is becoming cheaper, do rents stay the same, drop down to become cheaper then buying, or shoot up becasue no-one wants to buy or can buy

Entry level properties in the not so bluechip areas, I think will remain stable, maybe a few % growth p.a, the bluechip entry levels, who knows, maybe a 5-10% drop,

a few friends who I have spoke to believe that all of these impacts will hit the market say in about april to Jun 09, so maybe this may be a good time to buy...

the above is merely my opinion, it is just intended to see if others agree/disagree.

I am very very smart :D:D:D but not an economist:D:D

I'm not. But even I know the (') key is to the right of the (; ) key. And the shift key (useful for typing capitals) is on the far left.

if that's a dig at me for all my don;t and can;t typos, my little finger on my right hand was broken as a kid and as such it doesn;t do all the things it should.....:mad:

Back