What % of Real Estate Agents Are Seriously Wealthy?

I've always bought my suits from Topman, they look great (so I've been told) and fit slim-average builds quite nicely. Very affordable too.

Most folks that have a need for suited attire will have a notion.

Those that dont have a need, dont need to know.... and they are quite happy that way

In any service related or higher end sales work the suit is NOT to impress the buyer, its a suit of armour for the sales person

ta
rolf

In any service related or higher end sales work the suit is NOT to impress the buyer, its a suit of armour for the sales person

ta
rolf

I would have thought it the reverse.

Generally the buyers of a 3m house or a 200k vehicle or a $200/person dinner would would be astounded to see the salesman wearing thongs and a pair of shorts and singlet.

The suit and Italian shoes on the salesman should reflect the prestige and luxury brand of the product that they are sellling.

Whereas, if I am buying a 3k second hand car or dining at a street side stall, the salesman is often dressed like he receives handouts from the local Salvos store.

Anything particularly wrong with maximizing one's income by minimizing tax? Leasing a car being something many do...
Not at all but just because you drive a Bmer or Audi does not automatically make you well off.

Cheap suits can been seen a mile away.
I get mine made when on overseas trips
I get regular comments on how good they look but they only cost a couple of hundred each.
Trick is knowing the right place to go to.

Some of those fake Rolex's can be alright though ;)
If fake is your thing;)
Mine looks the goods but I'm not really a watch wearer.
I bought it to **** off a guy that was always yabbering about his expensive watch.

There are a couple of sales cliches screaming out to me here:

"you never get a second chance to make a first impression" and "you have to dress the business to get the business".

Painfully cheesy, but in reality it really is true even if it is just another marketing ploy.

Anecdotal evidence here-

3 friends who are real estate agents. The only one that seems to be doing well is the owner of an agency, the other two have 1 PPOR afaik.

I would have thought it the reverse.

Generally the buyers of a 3m house or a 200k vehicle or a $200/person dinner would would be astounded to see the salesman wearing thongs and a pair of shorts and singlet.

I guess you are the master of the extremes....................

ta
rolf

Having said this, every man and his dog now wants a piece of the property pie!
It only seems like that because you are now here, and have the antennae up for property...

Sorta like the person who buys a new car, and then sees that same type of car everywhere.

Most people are only ever going to buy a PPoR and maybe a holiday house.

Many talk about investing, but most never do.

China here on the forum is one perfect example; he is probably the best positioned person I know who doesn't invest and talks about doing it (I know several who talk about it but are not in a good position to do it, really) - and yet he doesn't invest in property.

Plenty of excuses, no action - that's how most folk are.

It only seems like that because you are now here, and have the antennae up for property...

Sorta like the person who buys a new car, and then sees that same type of car everywhere.

China here on the forum is one perfect example; he is probably the best positioned person I know who doesn't invest and talks about doing it (I know several who talk about it but are not in a good position to do it, really) - and yet he doesn't invest in property.

I disagree with one point BV.

Most don't even talk about investing, let alone do it.

Money seems to be a social taboo when it comes to conversation. Me, I am fascinated by wealth, the top 1% of wealthy, and how to get there.

Interesting point, a lot of investors on this forum talk about owning IPs all over the country and some even internationally. As investing should be a "passive" activity, should it matter where the assets are?

Based on seeing relos/friends owning property and discussing how hard it is just managing it across town, yes, let alone interstate/overseas, though I have heard of wildly successful ventures hundreds of kms away.

It probably boils down to how you want to manage the property, quality of tenants and whether or not you're just a micro manager.

I disagree with one point BV.

Most don't even talk about investing, let alone do it.

Money seems to be a social taboo when it comes to conversation. Me, I am fascinated by wealth, the top 1% of wealthy, and how to get there.

Getting there involves commitment, taking chances and actually doing something with money, rather than stuffing it under a mattress.

Well, yes and no. I'm now in mid 30s, my folks were into investing, extended family and also relatively recently, friends.

It was almost always a dinner conversation/bbq conversation for every reunion we had. I'd remember the days before the boom it was almost always a Sunday conversation and how dad would scan thorough the auction results in the morning paper...

Not being racist here, but amongst the Asian community, a property seems paramount, I know a friend who has 3 units and all of my Asian friends have at least 1, some still live at home at 30 and rent their IP out, a lot want at least 2, I'm not sure if it's the cultural thing or not.

I've always been interested in properties but really can't get beyond one PPOR and 1 IP (with a heavy loan).

Well, yes and no. I'm now in mid 30s, my folks were into investing, extended family and also relatively recently, friends.

It was almost always a dinner conversation/bbq conversation for every reunion we had. I'd remember the days before the boom it was almost always a Sunday conversation and how dad would scan thorough the auction results in the morning paper...

Not being racist here, but amongst the Asian community, a property seems paramount, I know a friend who has 3 units and all of my Asian friends have at least 1, some still live at home at 30 and rent their IP out, a lot want at least 2, I'm not sure if it's the cultural thing or not.

I've always been interested in properties but really can't get beyond one PPOR and 1 IP (with a heavy loan).

Don't worry. I am of a similar age and of similar interests. I have only one PPOR and am taking my time to find the right IP.

You cannot be serious? Why would anyone be on a property site and NOT buy property?

Even Hobo Jo, who spent a great deal of energy trying to talk down the market, seems to have bitten the bullet and bought.......you seldom hear him going on about the end of the world these days.

Hiya

You are not being racist...far from it...since history, the Asians (particularly the Chinese) have property AND EDUCATION in their blood...renting long term is a no-no:eek:

THey will make incredible sacrifice to satisfy both of these in their lives...

That is why sometimes i think you can't go wrong buying where the Chinese buy ....:p

Hiya

You are not being racist...far from it...since history, the Asians (particularly the Chinese) have property AND EDUCATION in their blood...renting long term is a no-no:eek:

THey will make incredible sacrifice to satisfy both of these in their lives...

That is why sometimes i think you can't go wrong buying where the Chinese buy ....:p

There's a saying that the Chinese buy everywhere the sun sets or rises.

Back