What % off variable rate ?

Wondering what percentage people are getting off variable rate and how they negotiated it?

I am with W/pac owe approximately $860000 over 3 loans currently get .85% off but offered 1% off .

Can I do better ?

Cheers All

Most mainstream lenders are offering around 1% off for loans over $500k with an 80% or lower LVR.

You've also got to ask what the rate is that the discount references. Westpac has had the highest standard variable rate for several years now and I don't see that changing anytime soon. NAB has the lowest standard variable rate, but their discounts are also lower so they tend to come out with similar figures to CBA & ANZ.

They're all playing a game of smoke and mirrors at this point.

Wondering what percentage people are getting off variable rate and how they negotiated it?

I am with W/pac owe approximately $860000 over 3 loans currently get .85% off but offered 1% off .

Can I do better ?

Cheers All

More than likely you can do better, but what are you willing to do or pay AND do u have the resources and willlingness to move ?

1.06 isnt unusual at wbc for that sort of money till recently. They have gone back to their ROI model rather than discount willi nilly

ta
rolf

ta
rolf

Rolf & PT,

What's difference between fixed and variable if fixed are also reduced upon rate cuts?

Eg. I've dropped from 7.07% - 6.62% fixed since the two recent cuts.

Cheers,
VP

Because fixed doesn't move regardless of where rates go, whereas variable is at the bank's sole discretion, regardless of what the RBA does.

Can I do better ?

Cheers All
It depends. I get 2.0% off, but pay high fees and need to be 80% drawn to be better off.

Can I do better ?

Cheers All

Should be able to get 1.06% off by sighting ANZ's special promo.

Cheers

Jamie

Hi Jamie,

I have ANZ loans under the breakfree package, with a 1.00% discount, is the special promo better than this?

That would be good.

Thanks,

Quattro

No - 1% is the discount for $500k+ lending under 80%.

The 1.06% discount with WBC is the equivalent of a 1% discount with ANZ because WBC's SVR is higher.

Cheers

Jamie

Side note, but just checked out the paints on Rolf's signature block....very Psychedelic :cool:

ref the above; I may need to speak to the mortgage centre again as there seem some nice discounts listed ;)

I'm on 1.1% SVR discount with Westpac

If I have a loan amount of around 1.3m with LVR 70%, what is the best variable interest rate out of the 4 big bank could i possibly get - 6.18%? Also, would it make any difference if it is principal & interest or just interest only?

Thanks,

Nope - breakfree package is $375 p.a which is pretty standard across the big 4 for these type of pro packs.

Cheers

Jamie

Nope - breakfree package is $375 p.a which is pretty standard across the big 4 for these type of pro packs.

Cheers

Jamie

Thanks Jamie and is the 1% for the life of the loan?
Wanting to use this as ammo against westpac to up my 0.8% to 1%

Thanks Jamie and is the 1% for the life of the loan?
Wanting to use this as ammo against westpac to up my 0.8% to 1%

The banks sometimes reserve the right to reduce discounts if the amount borrowed falls below a certain amount, but otherwise the discount is for the life of the loan.

Back