What people think about this property in Springwood QLD

That's an interesting comment re: yield and growth, because Springwood looks like it's historically relatively high yield and significantly lower growth?

Interesting price, $388,888 - maybe angling for some superstitious Chinese buyers? :p

Don't know enough to comment on the home specifically but the above piqued my interest.

That's an interesting comment re: yield and growth, because Springwood looks like it's historically relatively high yield and significantly lower growth?

Interesting price, $388,888 - maybe angling for some superstitious Chinese buyers? :p

Don't know enough to comment on the home specifically but the above piqued my interest.

Vixs you are right about the price, definitely pitched at Asians :p Coincidentally Springwood is also 18.8km away from Brisbane CBD :D From my little research of the Logan area it seems that Springwood prices have been less volatile compared to say Woodridge from 2010 to 2014, recording gains every year apart from 2011 where prices fell by a couple of a percent. Woodridge prices fell in 2010, 2011 and 2012, then picked up slowly in 2013 and a lot this year. I think part of the reason Springwood has had stability is because there are more owner occupiers than investors. Its also the Principle Activity Centre of Logan receiving a lot of developments and its a suburb wedged between Rochedale South and Daisy Hill which are both nice suburbs on the eastern side of the Pacific Highway. Good schools and colleges are also located in Rochedale South, Springwood and Daisy Hill, with this property in question only 200m away from a reputable college, and close to transport, major roads and shopping. So i believe the fundamentals are all there to make these suburbs attractive to both investors and owner occupiers, and we all know that's a good thing for growth.

This property in question is not flashy, in fact its pretty basic but neat, and definitely has value add potential to improve yield and equity. Land size 755m2 but R600 zoned. It also has been someone's investment property for the last 15 years or so (anyone from here? :D). Comparative sales also show that its around market value but majority of 3-1-2 properties are selling for more.

Anyone familiar with the area that can comment on my analysis of the area and this property?

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-qld-springwood-118026963

Yield is poor but thinking more about capital growth in the area. Anyone recommend maybe Rochedale South or Daisy Hill instead?

The property is cheap for Springwood but it's under contract? I have an IP in Rochedale South and IMO it's still good suburb to invest in, close to CBD, nice suburb with lots of owner occupied houses, can still get a very nice home under 500k, be quick though there's a lot of interest in the area and prices are on the way up.

The property is cheap for Springwood but it's under contract? I have an IP in Rochedale South and IMO it's still good suburb to invest in, close to CBD, nice suburb with lots of owner occupied houses, can still get a very nice home under 500k, be quick though there's a lot of interest in the area and prices are on the way up.

Yup, and i heard it sold for under $380k :cool: Imo good value, very well located close to good schools, public transport, freeway, major shopping (Ikea, Logan Hyperdome), BMW dealership :p plus it has so much value add potential, and decent block of land 755m2 (20m frontage). Only con is it is located on a dual carriageway. It is R600 so not subdividable but granny flats might be ok depending on future Logan Planning Scheme.

nothing really to add - except I have one around the corner in Rochedale South currently under contract too. Settling next Wednesday ;)

nothing really to add - except I have one around the corner in Rochedale South currently under contract too. Settling next Wednesday ;)

Congrats! Mind showing it off to me? :p Its just that i have been looking in that area too, would be good to to see what other investors have bought too. I have only just got B&P done, and val results. I see that you are a valuer yourself? :cool: Whats your thoughts about the south east brisbane area?

Congrats! Mind showing it off to me? :p Its just that i have been looking in that area too, would be good to to see what other investors have bought too. I have only just got B&P done, and val results. I see that you are a valuer yourself? :cool: Whats your thoughts about the south east brisbane area?

Dbz if your interested to know how much the vendors paid for it I can tell ya :)

Dbz if your interested to know how much the vendors paid for it I can tell ya :)

I know how much they paid for it, $116,000. But its expected as it was 20 years ago and in fact it wasn't "cheap" back then either compared to many others i have researched. Land value alone is between $250k-$275k now, council killing it with rates charges. Best time to buy was definitely 20 years ago, but next best time would be now or so i think. :p

Yup your right!

Its always the best time to buy, just need to determine which is the best market to buy into. But its always the best time to buy SOMEWHERE ;)

Dbz in 20 years time from now they'll be saying.. the best time to buy was 20 years ago lol. Some people never seem to learn that aussie property is not going anywhere but upwards :p

Yup, and i heard it sold for under $380k :cool: Imo good value, very well located close to good schools, public transport, freeway, major shopping (Ikea, Logan Hyperdome), BMW dealership :p plus it has so much value add potential, and decent block of land 755m2 (20m frontage). Only con is it is located on a dual carriageway. It is R600 so not subdividable but granny flats might be ok depending on future Logan Planning Scheme.

When the leases are up all those dealerships are going and are being replaced by apartment blocks

When the leases are up all those dealerships are going and are being replaced by apartment blocks

Land is ever more valuable then if looking at buying in Springwood. Buy the biggest block you can get your hands on i say but check Council's planning tool to make sure you are not right next door to these high rise developments. The whole Springwood area is going to change so much with new shopping, cafes, offices etc i am quite looking forward to seeing it in 20 years time :)

Back