What property investment books do you recommend?

Hi

Back in town and about to hit the book stores to buy a couple of good books on property investment to study.

Not sure which books are the best so I'd appreciate any recommendations.

- Jan Somers' books
- Michael Yardney How To Become A Property Millionaire (I think that's what it's called - his first one)
- Trump Strategies For Real Estate
- Donald Trump - The Art of The Deal (not specifically about property, but an excellent read)

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your quick post.

Went to Readers Feast in the CBD and they had both Somers and Yardleys books. Somers book was the 2001 edition while Yardleys was a 2009 so I went for Yardleys.

From what I've read so far, it looks like a great book. He pushes his company metropole a bit much but you just ignore that and continue reading the great content.

May still end up getting Somers book:rolleyes:

Those already mentioned, and also Margaret Lomas books especially for her stuff on drivers of prices & rents.

I strongly suggest getting Jan's books, they don't date.

Yep, I agree. Perfect read for the fundamentals of property investing. Dolf De Roos has a good book as well - I think it's called Real Estate Riches.

The two national magazines are pretty good as well - Your Investment Property (there's an investor profile of my wife and I in this months issue - feel free to chuckle at my dorky photo) and Australian Property Investor.

Cheers

Jamie

Books specifically on subdivisions???

Hi all!
Yes i also recommend the Jan Somer's book.

My question is................can anyone recommend any books that delve specifically on the subject of subdivisions. All the steps involved and information on what to look for when purchasing blocks with an existing dwelling to subdivide.

Thanks all
JCM

1. How you could build a $10 million property portfolio in just 10 years - Peter Spann
  2. Secrets of property millionaires exposed - Dale Beaumont
  3. Real estate riches - Dolf DeRoos
  4. The insiders guide to profitable property investing - Patrick Bright

Thank you every one for your recommendations.

I bought

- Jan Somers' "More Wealt from residential property"
and
- Michael Yardneys' "How To Become A Property Millionaire"

These books from your recommendations will be a big help education wise and instrumental in the next stop of building my IP portfolio.

The two national magazines are pretty good as well - Your Investment Property (there's an investor profile of my wife and I in this months issue - feel free to chuckle at my dorky photo) and Australian Property Investor.

Cheers

Jamie

Smooth look Jamie...you done any work in the movies? :) Nice article by the way mate.

JT

Back