What suburbs can 500k buy in Sydney these days? House with land

I've got a budget of 500k absolute max - looking for a house with land as an IP. Wondering what suburbs I can be looking at?

For argument sake, lets say no main roads or power lines or any other big discounting factor. I just want a general idea of which areas I can be looking at.

My preference is to be as close to the CBD as possible - so I've been looking at Granville, Guildford, Fairfield, Canley Vale etc. Wondering if I can afford anything closer or any gems I've missed.

scientist, have you done any research yourself?

I have been looking around myself, hence why I mentioned those suburbs. I was hoping if someone could suggest something I possibly missed. E.g. responses starting with "have you considered ____ ". Also consulting public forums is part of my research. Do you have any suburb suggestions?

Best do a search on 'Sydney' on the forum, I am sure there will be suburbs mentioned which you can put through RE website for starters.

Scientist, what I do sometimes is use the map search facilities on realestate.com.au to get a feel for the price of different areas.

"What suburbs can 500k buy in Sydney these days? House with land "

Not many and the list is getting smaller!

seven hills

Does Sydney goes all the way to Seven Hills?
In the west you may find old houses under 500K in Constitution Hill, Pendle Hill, South Wentworthville, toongabbie, old toongabbie or Seven Hills. Closer to the Parra CBD is better.

Penrith or Liverpool?

As far as Penrith goes, I'd be weary of over capitalizing.

Rents hit their max last year and are softening, and there is not a lot of investment-grade stock last I looked.

Disclaimer: I haven't looked since much earlier this year.

Personally, I would let Sydney do its thing whilst looking elsewhere.

Do you mind if I ask why do you want to buy a house in Sydney and close to CBD for ?

For yourself to live in or investment ?

Do you mind if I ask why do you want to buy a house in Sydney and close to CBD for ?

For yourself to live in or investment ?

As an investment - I feel the more central, the better, and as simple as this rule goes, it's my first priority. So I really don't understand the pricing out as far as Kellyville / Bella Vista etc, I rather get something run down and more central, even if the neighbours are shoddy, than something way out there with nicer neighbours.

Back