What time can you call RE agent?

Hello,

I was wondering what times were acceptable to call real estate agents?

i work full time and so i was wondering are you aloud to call them at night time? as in you've just seen a add and their mobile number was listed.

Cheers, tj

Most of them will accept calls anytime.

If they list their mobile number then call them whenever you want (maybe after 11pm is pushing it) but expect them not to pick up.

All the best

Andrew

If its late (often still trawling websites at midnight) usually email instead and my number is in my signature. Some call to respond or they usually either reply email or call in the morning and thats fine.

Personally, I wouldn't call after 6pm. But then again, I'm sure some will be happy to take calls after hours - and those that aren't will probably turn their phone off.

Cheers

Jamie

I usually won't call after 6pm.

In saying that, I have family who are real estate agents, who are very happy to take a call from a buyer at 8PM onwards, they get in quite good spirits. :)

You can call at an acceptable time - 8.00am - 8.30pm outside that is probably unreasonable. It is up to them whether they answer immediately, it goes to voice mail or to an answering service.

Hello,

I was wondering what times were acceptable to call real estate agents?

i work full time and so i was wondering are you aloud to call them at night time? as in you've just seen a add and their mobile number was listed.

Cheers, tj

Hi tj22,

After hours,why not send a text eg:when is a good time to call re:etc?

Cheers Spades.

OP - Ask yourself if you would like a work related call at 9pm at night. Or if you would be having dinner with your family at 7pm and don't want to be interrupted.

Outside of business hours email.

OP I'm sure you could spare part of your lunch break to call an agent???

Personally, I wouldn't call after 6pm.

I agree,just because you have a mobile doesnt mean you are avaliable 24/7 to take calls which a lot of people just dont get.When i was in business i got calls all hours of the night up to early morning just for basic quotes,it used to annoy the daylights out of me to the point at 5-01pm the phone got switched off.

Call if they answer great if it goes to VM leave a message.

If the agent doesn't want to receive calls he will turn the phone off or not answer.

I think up to around 7PM is okay. I wouldn't be calling late hours just to tyre kick though. The way I see it if you're calling to make serious offers etc then really shouldn't matter what time, a good agent would agree.

agents will still be doing open for inspections, and meeting potential vendors until at least 8pm weeknights I reckon, and obviously doing auctions, open for inspections etc over the weekend.

So I dont see an issue calling them after hours.

Dont try and get them on a Monday however.......

Call anytime; it's in their interest to answer calls. If they don't want to be disturbed, they will send their phone to voicemail.

My mate is an agent. We were having lunch on queens bday; he was on the phone twice. I had a go at him saying it's a dam public holiday man. He didn't seem to care as he was trying to close off a deal.

You know what they say, time is money.

Back