What to do first?

Would you put down a conditional offer and wait for the vendors agreement before you have a solicitor/conveyancer look over the contract and other legal documents?

Or would you have the contract and stuff looked over before you put down an offer?

If its a concern of yours, why not make an offer thats subject to solicitors approval clause.

If its a standard REIA contract I personally wouldn't bother providing you have all your other usual building, pests, finance type clauses you can exercise if the need be.

I don't know why your rolling your eyes at Dazzling... your nick is clearly inappropriate.

At any rate here is some useful information: Rixter appears to be in WA and you are in NSW. The conveyancing process is very different in both states.

If you are buying in NSW you are not bound to go ahead with the purchase based an an offer alone, it is only after you exchange contracts. So the usual process is make offer, offer is accepted, solicitor reviews contracts, you get unconditional finance approval and building report etc. and then if it all checks out you exchange the contracts.

Or you could exchange contracts immediately on a 10 day cooling off period and use the 10 days to have the solicitor review the contract, reports and finance sorted, but you loose 0.25% of the purchase price if you do use the cooling off.

I have come here to ask questions that are relevant to this forum and people start trying to shoot me down for something that doesn't even relate to my question?
I haven't come here to troll. I've joined this forum to learn what I can about property investing and I find the usual egos that are so apparent in other forums.

Apart from that, thank you for that piece of information Firsthomelooker.

I have come here to ask questions that are relevant to this forum and people start trying to shoot me down for something that doesn't even relate to my question?
I haven't come here to troll. I've joined this forum to learn what I can about property investing and I find the usual egos that are so apparent in other forums.

From reading the above posts, it appears that no-one is trying to shoot you down. Daz made a comment about your Username. Big deal! We all get comments from time to time that we don't like. With a username like that you are bound to get comments & if that is the same one that you have registered on other forums, then you will find that is also the reason you have had negative type comments.

Don't take it all so serious,one would think you would take everyones opinions and take something from each persons mindset,i do each day....

First of all understand in this site you have some investors that don't think the same as the people in the local-front-bar hotel,some are investment animals,some have different business-energy levels and some can see through your questions,just think about your first question,if you actively seek complaints why even bother,but if you want tolearn ask away,it is a sharp learning curve for some people,but a least you have taken the first step..willair..

Don't get me wrong, I was never offended by the comment :)
Just voicing my opinions on something I found rather irrelevant to this thread.
And just for your knowledge, this is a nickname that I have used for a very long time coming through from my high school years and has no relevance to me IRL. And no, there hasn't been negative comments directed towards me because of my choice of a forum name... maybe all those others who have replied to any of my threads have been able to see past my nickname and see the context of my posts. ;)

But putting all that aside, as I said. I've come here to learn from your experiences, not to troll. :)

At any rate here is some useful information: Rixter appears to be in WA and you are in NSW. The conveyancing process is very different in both states.

I couldn't agree more - thus my comment in relation into REIA contracts.

You are correct twice..I am in WA but that doesn't inhibit me holding a large portfolio nation wide. ;)

But putting all that aside, as I said. I've come here to learn from your experiences, not to troll.

SuiCid3, welcome aboard the good ship SS forum. Setting sail to your dream destination! :)

Would you put down a conditional offer and wait for the vendors agreement before you have a solicitor/conveyancer look over the contract and other legal documents?

Or would you have the contract and stuff looked over before you put down an offer?

I would put the offer in, subject to your terms, say.. building/pest inspection and maybe subject to finance, then, once youve secured the property, youre able to back out if these things fail.

Back