What you did in 2013? What are the plans for 2014?

Bought block of land from a liquidator. I wish I'd bought the other two but couldn't justify the lack of diversification
Built property on above
I will make it ppor for a while and live there
Got to my income figure desired 2 years ahead of schedule
Went very well at work etc.
Got a British bulldog, great little girl, 6 months in a few days time
Met a great girl at the start of the year
Changed sports clubs to the cross town rivals

Three holidays planned. Port douglas, china and Honolulu.
Play finals in march at new club
Continue great relationship
Turn 30 end of the year, no plans yet
Help sister into property market after she sold a previous place, currently inspecting a drug den in a good location, waiting until jan 2nd for my builder mate to inspect
Whilst I have been pre approved for my 4th purchase, I will only buy ripper deals only next year.

2013:

* New PPOR - the one we've always dreamed of owning but were never quite 'there yet'. Absolutely love it and am so happy with it.
* Became IP-free. I know this means I shouldn't even be on this forum anymore :( but hubby says he's 'over' the whole IP 'thing' and has achieved everything financially that he wanted to achieve from over 20 years of investing in property. I, however, am still checking the real estate websites on a daily basis for the next buy :D.
* Lost a very good friend in sudden and tragic circumstances that has rattled me to the core.
* Completed a course in a subject that I enjoy and am still deciding on whether to pursue it further or not.

2014:

* Live each day and love my family and friends like there is no tomorrow, because we never know when there just may be 'no tomorrow'...

2012: Year of unfinished business

• Finally finished PPoR after 4 years as owner builder - ugh
  • Had baby number 2 in June (daughter now 18 months)
  • Left husband September and stayed with parents in Brisbane for 4 months
  • Worked super hard at job and earned a very good income
  • 6th and final trip to India

2013: end of a cycle
  • Got back with husband all going well, back in Perth
  • Did tax returns for 2010-2012
  • Paid $5000 in penalties and interest to ATO for not doing tax for 3 years
  • Left job in April after discovering the company was ripping off clients, loss of income in a big way
  • Became a whistleblower - have paid for it ever since, at least my conscience is clear.
  • Set up own consultancy, clientele slowly building up
  • Went to Bangkok for business
  • Got drunk at a gay nightclub and danced in a cage
  • Became a Stay at home mum - so bored at times
  • Husband went back to work August (he was stay at home dad for 12 months)
  • Spent too much money over Christmas
  • Joined Somerset in Dec - reading reading reading

2014: new cycle of life begins - year of moving forward
  • Make new friends
  • Move past the messes and interruptions of the past 5 years
  • Buy one or two IPs
  • Tighten the belt financially
  • Get 2013 and 2014 tax done on time
  • give less to charity (rather, be more discerning)
  • Lose more weight
  • Go back to piano lessons and be serious about it
  • Take up banjo or guitar
  • Pay down on mortgage on PPoR
  • No travel outside of Australia

2013. Nothing finished.
.Started a diploma in Software Development. Have almost finished five months early.
.Started a granny flat. Didn't fit in with GF legislation, so it had to go through a full DA. Almost finished
.Almost have a job. One more hurdle to be jumped- and that one is out of my control
.Tried to sell a property. The Canberra market is a bit quiet though. I've no problems about keeping it if need be though. The plan was really just to buy a different property through the super fund to make it more tax effective.

Finish everything.

Turned 40. Discovered Singapore. Spent a month in Ireland. Started to really dislike my job.

Reassess my job. Participate in Frocktober. Finish landscaping my backyard.

- Was part of a major IT Project and it was successfully completed.
- Converted a WIR into a bathroom. All looking pretty good and very happy with the outcome.
- Did few maintenance work around the house.
- Sorted out some neglected shares.
- Changed the accountant and happy with the new one.
- Went on a holiday (local) with the family for a week. Good fun :)

- Depending on the job situation, I'd like to buy another IP.
- Have to keep an eye out for new job opportunities.
- Build a pergola on the PPOR :D

Worked more hours then I ever have before and loved it. Spent lots of time bedding down systems and preparing for 2014.

Met over a 120 new people face to face talking about property and development and countless more on the phone.

No IP purchases in the true sense of the word, bought decent size development site in Everton Park in Brisbane and started developing DA for 10-15 lot subdivision.

Spent some time goal setting last year for this year so have a big list.

Spin Off Property side of Law Firm into new company with multiple divisions (new company done and soft launched, 53 days to full)

Provide at least 10 new full time equivalent jobs for some great people this year by:
Growing market share of conveyancing practice to exceed 2% of all conveyances in QLD.
Growing Projects practice to be a force to be reckoned with in property development law.
Continue town planning practice growth (but no more geographical expansions this year).
(I am about to hit 2 FTE's already so may have been a bit conservative on this one but last year 10 looked like a good number).

Meet even more people to talk about property than last year. Work out how not to get fatter while talking to said people over lunch.

Get DA for Everton Park Development Site and sell.
Buy several more development sites, DA and sell.

Take more holidays ( I love what I do but the 1 week I took last year was not enough)

Spend half a day a fortnight working on strategy- the big picture for both property and business.

Stop practising in some areas of law that I really enjoy, am good at and are profitable so that I can concentrate on my key areas.

Finalise the 5 year strategic plan for my Football Club (am President)

Visit my mum more, while I still can.

Make a conscious effort to spend 1 day a quarter spoiling and pampering my wife (she deserves it)

Attend every sports carnival, dance performance, band performance for my kids (missed a couple of sports carnivals for the first time ever last year).

Enjoy Life and make conscious choices to ensure that I keep loving what I am doing, chances are I am heading for half way through my life and there is no rewind.

2013 - what a year!!
Married
2 overseas honeymoons - 1 to Asia and 1 to Europe
3 interstate weddings - one of those for my brother
1 overseas wedding
Purchased a new PPOR
Became an Uncle - twice
Became pregnant ourselves!!

I was hoping it would be a quiet year but with a baby due I cant see that happening...
1 week holiday planned for March in Currumbin, a few weddings to attend and that's about it so far.

• Purchased an investment property in Sydney's Northern suburbs early in the year.
  • Knocked down 1/3 of the existing house and extended it (2 Bedder to 4 bedder), built a detached granny flat the same block of land. Paid a whole bunch of interest costs during the construction. Hopefully it will finish in Jan 2014.
  • Designed and arranged for the construction of a granny flat on my parents investment property (just finished).
  • Found and negotiated the purchase of a two storey duplex for my sister in law just before the housing prices jumped by 100k in the area.
  • Stressed my silly butt off :)

• Hopefully the above mentioned property is finished and will be rented out. (Fingers crossed for positive cash flow)
  • Expecting a baby :)
  • Spend more time with wife and baby
  • No further property purchases and renovations... I've been banned by my wife :)
  • Sneak in a renovation for my wife's parents property (even though I've been banned from doing so)
  • Help my sister buy an investment property
  • Just relax.

Nice work. You need high level of determination to study after 30 :)

Thanks. And in a month I'll be double that.

It's something I've really enjoyed. I missed IT. I did some IT bits. A part of the business and it was the only part of the business I really enjoyed. That's why I wanted to get back- I know the money isn't going to be there.

First school fee free year . 2 kids at Uni . One working ( she's buying first property OTP )

Recorded my first demo in Nashville
https://soundcloud.com/cliffturner/desert-rain-demo-feb-2013
Was done more to se how the system worked . Didn't push it last year . That comes this year when I start recording Demo's on regular basis .

Left job of last six years and currently living in our weekender in north arm cove for three months while working in tea gardens . Back to sydney in feb.

Bought a house we will down size to a couple of years . Painted and tarted up . Renting it out .

Bought four IP's in Brisbane . One in manly , two in wynnum and OTP iN Tenerife . Brings total to 14 including PPOR . Enough for the moment .

2014 - working on weekender to get plans in for boat house , ramp and Jetty
New job and spending time on songwriting . Maybe some co-writing at the cove weekends . No more IP's . Maybe when we've sold current PPOR as that will clear a lot of debt away .

Cliff

- Big year at work, performed well
- Negotiated a better work contract due to performance
- Purchased IP #3
- Won HockeySA Premium League Grand Final
- Went to Melb for SHM fairwell tour
- Learnt a fair bit

- Purchasing IP #4 (settles tomorrow)
- Another good year with work performance
- Will look to again negotiate a better work contract
- Holiday in Thailand (leave next week)
- Save for development costs or to buy IP #5 if its a screaming bargin :)
- Continue to learn
- Hopefully go back2back premierships
- Start Diploma in FP, Mortgage Broking, MBA or combination.

- sold IP#1 (former PPoR turned IP) a few days before six years after I moved out for a tidy CGT free sum
- parked the funds from above in an ING account until I find my next IP
- secured a two year extension to my contract at work
- started a three month renovation on my rental property
- salary sacrificed ? my salary into an untaxed superfund

- finish my rental renovation within 4 months of commencing
- re-list the above property for $120 more per week than previous rent
- buy my next IP (retain and build) in the City of Belmont for under $600k
- rent out the IP while I apply for a survey strata to create a new back lot
- build my new PPoR on the back lot
- move to my new dream home and rent out the old one

Busy year for me!

EDIT: add to that to maybe buy my first SMSF IP. Not sure I will get to it this year though! If not, that will be a 2015 goal.

2013:

- Found out partner had had a year long affair with his receptionist, beginning from when I was still pregnant
- Kicked him out, picked up my 18month old son and moved into our own rental
-Finalised legal separation documents
-Put all 3 co-owned properties on the market?one now sold, one gone unconditional today, the other still not moving :mad:

2014:

- Buy IP in Toowoomba, develop into a duplex or Multi Unit Dwelling with proceeds of property settlements with the ex
- Continue to raise and enjoy beautiful son
- Be on the look out for a wonderful, honest and loyal man who deserves me :D

Back