What you did in 2013? What are the plans for 2014?

Spent the last 3 hours of my Dad's life by his side.

Sold IP

Cleared all debt.

Began renovating PPOR

Bought some shares for first time in 7 years
Sold some shares

Began decluttering

Continue decluttering

Finish renovating PPOR

Put in place new investment structure

Research future PPOR options

Get back to healthier eating

Treat myself to some new stuff (not related
to buildings)

Fill the holes left by 4 departed family members

• Purchased an investment property in Sydney's Northern suburbs early in the year.
  • Knocked down 1/3 of the existing house and extended it (2 Bedder to 4 bedder), built a detached granny flat the same block of land. Paid a whole bunch of interest costs during the construction. Hopefully it will finish in Jan 2014.
  • Designed and arranged for the construction of a granny flat on my parents investment property (just finished).
  • Found and negotiated the purchase of a two storey duplex for my sister in law just before the housing prices jumped by 100k in the area.
  • Stressed my silly butt off :)

• Hopefully the above mentioned property is finished and will be rented out. (Fingers crossed for positive cash flow) Tick
  • Expecting a baby :) Tick
  • Spend more time with wife and baby Tick
  • No further property purchases and renovations... I've been banned by my wife :) Tick :(
  • Sneak in a renovation for my wife's parents property (even though I've been banned from doing so) - Didn't do this one
  • Help my sister buy an investment property - Didn't help my sister buy an IP, but helped my brother in law buy his first property
  • Just relax. - Still debating whether i did enough of this

Not too bad of a year. No investments on my side, but got to spend time with my wife and daughter. Would have liked to spent more, but work gets in the way...

2014 - Wish list
1. Find a suitable job! - Tick
2. Improve health - At least didn't get worse. Started swimming
3. Pay more attention to kids well being (5, 3 & 1 years). Tick
4. Do a bit more than just residential property investment. Tick - Started options

2015 - Wish list
1. Add 1 IP from QLD + maybe another from SA or ACT or VIC.
2. Learn all about Options trading. Increase the portfolio by 50%.
3. Learn to swim for at least 25-50 m
4. Read at least 3 books.
5. Go to a park with kids at least once a week.
6. Add 1 more phycical activity

Back