Where do you stand?

I think I failed this test....
It talks a lot about what it means to be in each of the four different quadrants. The only problem is that I fall right in the middle of the graph?!?!?!

Lissy said:
I think I failed this test....
It talks a lot about what it means to be in each of the four different quadrants. The only problem is that I fall right in the middle of the graph?!?!?!

Lissy,
Then you must be normal
How do you think I should feel?
It brands me as leftist. and a bit authoritarian. :confused:
My result falls below that of Pope John Paul II but less authoritarian and nearly
as left as Saddam Hussein. Do you think I am like that and I don't know it yet?
Maybe I should be worried :D

Second gridline to the Right, and bang on the centre line between Authoritarian and Libertarian. :)

Fence sitter I guess, but a few years ago I would most likely have been up there proudly,with Johnnyboy Marggie,and Dubya. :rolleyes:

So Olly, you started this........................where do you sit? :p

Thorpey.

I came up with a fairly anti-state liberal but in the centre on left/right wing. I see myself as a liberal and economically minded individual. I actually think the questions asked regarding big business were a little extreme to the right and therefore dont paint a completely realistic picture as to how right wing people are. Otherwise its pretty accurate.

My score was

Economic Left/Right: 0.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.15

The questions & format would fail any marketing research test for providing a valid response. The scales are skewed & the questions biased.

That said....it got me 180 degrees wrong ;)

Economic Left/Right: -1.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.59

Just slightly to the right of Gandhi & Nelson Mandela.

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Thorpey said:
Second gridline to the Right, and bang on the centre line between Authoritarian and Libertarian. :)

Fence sitter I guess, but a few years ago I would most likely have been up there proudly,with Johnnyboy Marggie,and Dubya. :rolleyes:

So Olly, you started this........................where do you sit? :p

Thorpey.

I've forgotten my scores now but about a quarter into the Libertarian quadrant and just slightly to the left near Ghandi and Nelson Mandela.

I did the test first in grade 10. Back then I got left-authoritarian. Then I did it a few years ago and got right-authoritarian. Now I'm right-centrist.

However the test is really difficult to assess much. Some of the questions just don't affect me, and others are dependent on position (for example, I would have different answers depending on my job/role in society).

Your political compass:
Economic Left/Right: -3.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.38

This thing has me pinned pretty much correct actually, down there with ghandi, mandela and the Dalai Lama :eek: . Lol.

Of course, there are a few q's where I woulda ticked the "I dont care" option.

I friend referred me to the site last week. I took the test and I rated:

Economic Left/Right: -2.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.31

I think that pretty much sums me up, although I do doubt the test's statistical validity... :)

Economic Left/Right: -3.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.74

Is this like golf? Do I win because I got such a low score?

I appear to be a full blown libertarian and an economic centrist, which seems reasonably fair - balance between benefits of regulation and free markets, while maintaining that people are responsible for what they do.

Er...did anyone strongly agree that land should not be able to be bought and sold :D ?

Scores: Economic left/right : -0.13
Social libertarian/authoritarian: -6.00

domcc1,

If the lowest score wins, then I beat you by a mile.

Economic Left/Right: -5.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.62

Pretty extreme left, but it wasn't really a surprise. However, I'd like to join the people that question the validity of this exercise. How accurate can something that you do in ten minutes on the internet really be?

Mark

Economic Left/Right: -0.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 3.33

Just below Pope Benedict XVI. I don't know if thats a good thing or not, but I honestly thought I had similar thoughts to the hard right (Lil John & Dubya).

Oh well, I'll completely forget about this test by next week and will carry on my merry way.

BR

same quadrant as dali lama and ghandi, tho not quite so radical ... honoured to be in such company. tho maybe it means i'm not the ruthless property tycoon i was aiming to be.

Last edited:
Back