Where do you stand?

Wow,

We've got some cool people on this forum!

I'm in the same quadrant as:

AceyDucey
TomL
Merovingian
DomCC1
Quiggles
Mark Laszczuk
Lizzie

And we're all in there with the Nelson Mandellas and Ghandis of the world! I didn't expect to see so many truly "liberal-minded" leftist libertarians on an investment forum. Good on you all!

BTW, my specific scores were:

Left/Right -1.63
Libertarian/Authoritarian -4.26

Puts me closer to the Dalai Lama than to Nelson Mandela ;)

Cheers,
Michael.

Bantam Roosta said:
Economic Left/Right: -0.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 3.33

Just below Pope Benedict XVI. I don't know if thats a good thing or not, but I honestly thought I had similar thoughts to the hard right (Lil John & Dubya).

Oh well, I'll completely forget about this test by next week and will carry on my merry way.

BR
BR,

I'm worried about you mate. ;) You've got a high score on the Libertarian/Authoritarian scale which indicates a preference for authority and the right to rule.

In my MBA they described this as the Power/Distance personality trait and it was shown to have very strong correlations with cultural backgrounds. We actually learnt about it in the unit on managing diversity.

It is more prevelant in Asian cultures where they have a high Power/Distance number than it is in Western cultures where Power/Distance is lower. Makes sense when you think about the "hierarchical" cultures prevelant in countries such as Japan and compare this with Australia. Most Australians consider their bosses to be just regular Joes one more level up the rung. In Asia they are venerable superiors to be obeyed without question...

All very interesting stuff. :D

Cheers,
MW

PS Quiggles, I love that -6.0 on your Libertarian/Authoritarian scale! Anarchists of the world unite!!
PPS A quick look at the link to the UK elections shows why I typically vote Green in all elections. Why would you vote for Bush/Blair/Howard when they're all in the same quadrant as Hitler!? Not a suprise though... I marched against the illegal and immoral invasion of Iraq, but to no avail.

MichaelWhyte said:
PS Quiggles, I love that -6.0 on your Libertarian/Authoritarian scale! Anarchists of the world unite!!
The correct slogan is "Anarchists of the world untie!!" :D

I don't support anarchy, my score reflected my belief in personal responsibility in preference to state imposed morality. IMHO (and I did read the other stuff) anarchy is incompatible with economic regulation, and I'm as middle of the road as you can get on that.

Lissy said:
I think I failed this test....
It talks a lot about what it means to be in each of the four different quadrants. The only problem is that I fall right in the middle of the graph?!?!?!

Lissy , It means you're evenly balanced.

;) :D Must have a chip on both shoulders....

See Change

Back