Where to buy 650K in Sydney

Or if you prefer an established house these suburbs are within your price range and have stations with trains that take 55 mins or less to get to Central.
Auburn (28 mins to Central) $632k (median house price)
Birrong (42 mins) $589k
Blacktown (35 mins) $470k
Campbelltown (52 mins) $380k
Chester Hill (43 mins) $592K
Doonside (44 mins) $430k
Emu Plains (52 mins) $465k
Glenfield (37 mins) $491k
Guildford (39 mins) $562k
Ingleburn (43 mins) $430k
Kingswood (53 mins) $400k
Macquarie fields (40 mins) $370k
Marayong (45 mins) $466k
Merrylands (35 mins) $626k
Minto (46 mins) $405k
Mount Druitt (42 mins) $450
Penrith (48 mins) $405k
Quakers Hill (48 mins) $530k
Riverstone (55 mins) $553k
Rooty Hill (47 mins) $437k
Seven Hills (37 mins) $519k
St Marys (46 mins) $395k
Toongabbie (37 mins) $601k
Werrington (49 mins) $385k

Seven Hills you'd get a decentbrick veneer 3br on a good piece of land 400sqm+ walk to train station, exactly 45min commute into cbd by train ...from 550k

Thank you. I did see that report but no houses currently are getting sold around the median prices.

Was looking at Toongabie, Greystanes, Pendle hills, Quakers hill

Or if you prefer an established house these suburbs are within your price range and have stations with trains that take 55 mins or less to get to Central.
Auburn (28 mins to Central) $632k (median house price)
Birrong (42 mins) $589k
Blacktown (35 mins) $470k
Campbelltown (52 mins) $380k
Chester Hill (43 mins) $592K
Doonside (44 mins) $430k
Emu Plains (52 mins) $465k
Glenfield (37 mins) $491k
Guildford (39 mins) $562k
Ingleburn (43 mins) $430k
Kingswood (53 mins) $400k
Macquarie fields (40 mins) $370k
Marayong (45 mins) $466k
Merrylands (35 mins) $626k
Minto (46 mins) $405k
Mount Druitt (42 mins) $450
Penrith (48 mins) $405k
Quakers Hill (48 mins) $530k
Riverstone (55 mins) $553k
Rooty Hill (47 mins) $437k
Seven Hills (37 mins) $519k
St Marys (46 mins) $395k
Toongabbie (37 mins) $601k
Werrington (49 mins) $385k

Engadine/Heathcote great area to live. Very low crime rate. Everything available ie transport, schools, shops, sporting facilities. Can walk the streets anytime of the day and people say hello. Very safe. Looking at house prices consistently $750 000 upwards.

Agree. Lived there for 15 years and is a great place to live. Downside is that its a fair way out to the point it's probably closer to the Gong than it is to Sydney

I now live at Menai and at $650k you may scrape into a small 3br place south of Menai Rd and east of Carter Rd in need of a reno.

Honestly for that money anywhere decent in Sydney around 20kms out you're probably looking at at a townhouse or unit.

Seven hills station and suburb doesn't have good reviews :)

Do not get very close to the station. That's where all troubles lie. Look for a quieter cul-de-sac. Seven hills is not that bad.
As I said before, check Doonside and Marayong.
They still have some decent houses at median prices available.

In Revesby, you can live very close to the station without getting troubles.

Check 1 Bebe Avenue, Revesby (for sale) or 20 Weston Street, Revesby (recently sold) to get the idea.

Quiet side.

I would only consider north as a) the western suburbs of sydney are undesirable to me for living b) education and social mix is better and safer respectively c) services better.

Asquith
Avalon

occasionally have houses for under 700k but the houses are usually poor quality.

Of course Auburn is excellent value right now and probably the cleverest choice.

Open your mind to a flat, as I live in a 100m2 house but many flats are a lot cheaper than my house and are 110m2 IFYWIM. My house does not have a yard as I live in the bush and we live on the 2 huge decks...

Warriewood has very large flats for around same size brand new, maybe 700k

Thank you!

I thought flats appreciate slowly when compared to house with land?

I would only consider north as a) the western suburbs of sydney are undesirable to me for living b) education and social mix is better and safer respectively c) services better.

Asquith
Avalon

occasionally have houses for under 700k but the houses are usually poor quality.

Of course Auburn is excellent value right now and probably the cleverest choice.

Open your mind to a flat, as I live in a 100m2 house but many flats are a lot cheaper than my house and are 110m2 IFYWIM. My house does not have a yard as I live in the bush and we live on the 2 huge decks...

Warriewood has very large flats for around same size brand new, maybe 700k

Thanks rajnhets!

I thought Marayong was on the older side of the Quakers hill ? Folks on this forum avoided the old side of quakers hills due to the Housing commissions?

Do not get very close to the station. That's where all troubles lie. Look for a quieter cul-de-sac. Seven hills is not that bad.
As I said before, check Doonside and Marayong.
They still have some decent houses at median prices available.

Anyone who would like to avoid agent commission and are looking to sell their house in the following suburbs? :)

Girraween
PendleHill
Greystanes
Wenthworthville

Looking for a 3 bed 2 bathroom house with > 500m land

Let me know willing to pay the current market price.

Hi Tess

Wanted to avoid townhouses due to the strata and not much appreciation. New Duplex/Villas are overpriced at the moment and I prefer something with a livable house and land :)

Anyone who would like to avoid agent commission and are looking to sell their house in the following suburbs? :)

Girraween
PendleHill
Greystanes
Wenthworthville

Looking for a 3 bed 2 bathroom house with > 500m land

Let me know willing to pay the current market price.

No :D ..... as noted previously, you will struggle to get a decent place for $650K - as this is not the current market value - even if someone sold directly to you, and saved on agent commission.

I think Greystanes would be the only one of those 4 suburbs where you can pick up something under 650K. A few that have just been listed will sell for under that price. Unless they are going to property launch or auction you have no more than a few days to get an inspection before they sell. TR has a database that receives an sms when a property comes on the market, offering an early inspection time prior to the first official open house. Usually these properties are under contract before the first open.

Thanks Elstupido! Appreciate your help here

Just googled the suburb review of Revesby and they don't look good :(

Why do you listen to review? Come to the suburb and test the train. Reviews are always bad except for expensive northern or eastern suburbs which don't suit ur budget.

Back