Where to buy in Perth

Hi,

Looking at our 3rd IP and this time we want it interstate as our PPOR and 2 other IPs are in Melbourne.

Interested in Perth and looking for something around the 350k mark.

Would welcome suggestions about suburbs with good capital growth and rental income.

Thank you.

If you're looking for good CG over the short to mid term I would put my $350k into the Brisbane market.

Its due for its 80/20 cycle correction.

Thanks, Rixter.

Could you shed some light on suburbs that I should be looking at. Not much around the 350k available in the northern suburbs of Brisbane.

Hi,

Looking at our 3rd IP and this time we want it interstate as our PPOR and 2 other IPs are in Melbourne.

Interested in Perth and looking for something around the 350k mark.

Would welcome suggestions about suburbs with good capital growth and rental income.

Thank you.

Not much around in Perth in the 350k market unless you are looking at older villas or WAY out of the CBD (like 30km plus)

Personally I think maylands villas with good land size is the way to go in the 350k to 400k mark althought 350 will be a stretch

I think it will outperform the general perth market

Thanks, Rixter.

Could you shed some light on suburbs that I should be looking at. Not much around the 350k available in the northern suburbs of Brisbane.

For Villas & Townhouses check out areas in or adjacent to satellite cbd's southside & morton bayside Brisbane metro area.

Have just returned from a shopping trip there after securing 2 under contract as per my macro purchasing criteria.

Feel free to msg me.

I would go Mandurah (I do own in mandurah). high rental yield and is at the bottom of a very long down trend. $350k goes a long way there too.

I would go Mandurah (I do own in mandurah). high rental yield and is at the bottom of a very long down trend. $350k goes a long way there too.

Good way to lose a bunch of money.

He's better off looking into cities that aren't as far along in the cycle as Perth is.

Thanks, Rixter.

Hi Ganeshlaitha,

With that budget we would be suggesting an older apartment in small complex in original conditional 5-8kms from cbd.

A small reno when you are ready should realize a quick capital gain and ensure a decent rental return.

Hard to find but not impossible.

Good luck

Hi Ganeshlaitha,

With that budget we would be suggesting an older apartment in small complex in original conditional 5-8kms from cbd.

A small reno when you are ready should realize a quick capital gain and ensure a decent rental return.

Hard to find but not impossible.

Good luck

Where would you suggest for houses in that price bracket (or slightly higher)?

I think Mandurah market has improved, but in no way has it achieved same growth as Perth over the last 2-3 years.
The problem is there is still too much stock, making it a buyers market, and because of this it is price sensitive.

Rentals did rise over the last couple of years but they are now falling back same as Perth.

i would have thought Toondah would be a bit of a speculative punt.

14,000 residents, half vocally against the marina, high (er) unemployment.....

For Villas & Townhouses check out areas in or adjacent to satellite cbd's southside & morton bayside Brisbane metro area.

Have just returned from a shopping trip there after securing 2 under contract as per my macro purchasing criteria.

Feel free to msg me.
what are your thoughts Rixter on capital growth with townhouses, Villas etc compared to units houses?

what are your thoughts Rixter on capital growth with townhouses, Villas etc compared to units houses?

Without getting into the "which is better debate, houses or Units??", I prefer to purchase Townhouses & Villas with courtyards of 30% of lot foot print or greater land area thereby eliminating multiple story units / high rise apartments with balcony's, for several reasons.

The mains ones being (in no particular order) -

1/ lower maintenance & upkeep for the tenant

2/ lower purchase or entry level into a Higher capital growth suburb area

3/ rapidly growing marketplace (starting both now & into the future) wanting these type properties. This is due the largest group of people to ever be born (being the Baby boomers and Empty nesters) starting to come into their retirement years. They will be wanting to downsize for the following main reasons - lifestyle & economic.

4/ greater tax advantages & effectiveness thus maximises your cash flow.

5/ able to hold more individual properties spread across your portfolio - thereby minimising area over exposure risks by not holding all your eggs in only a few baskets, so to speak.

I hope this helps.

Back