where to? cheapie holiday

Heya's were looking to head back to Bali next year and have the opportunity to stay for 2 to 3 Weeks so were considering going somewhere else we've never been while we can. can anyone suggest somewhere else that would be ratably cheap to get to from Bali. Is that even possible? .. Or vice versa.

According to Skyscanner, you can go to the below countries from Bali for less than $200 one-way (mainly AirAsia or Tiger Airways):
- Singapore;
- Vietnam;
- Hong Kong;
- Malaysia;
- Cambodia;
- Japan;
- China;
- Macau; and
- Thailand.

Hi,

You could also catch the boat ( take sea sick tablets!) over to Lombok and Gili islands.

Jetstar are doing direct flights to Lombok from Perth as of September so maybe they are doing the Darwin direct flights also? You could fly into Bali and out of Lombok?

If you wish to go to another country...Definitely I would say Malaysia. You don't have visa expenses such as Vietnam, plenty of beautiful places in Malaysia to choose from, all cheap with Air Asia...and you will be able to get home direct. Cost of staying and eating in Malaysia cheap also.

Mind you I am a big fan of all the countries listed above!

If you want to go that bit further and out of SE Asia, don't discount Sri Lanka. Cheap to get to with Air Asia, amazing country.

We have done a few SE Asia trips and Sri Lanka and I am queen of doing it on a budget so please feel free to PM if you have any questions :)

Forget Bali, go somehwhere interesting. Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, etc are all cheap and interesting, and have fewer Australian bogans destroying the place.

Forget Bali, go somehwhere interesting. Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, etc are all cheap and interesting, and have fewer Australian bogans destroying the place.
Agreed. So many more interesting places to visit in that part of the world IMO.

Cheers

Jamie

Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia are super cheap but they are not for everyone, certainly most of my princess friends would not survive those countries.

I like Malaysia a lot. It is relatively cheap for a modern Asian country but the beauty of this country is that it has very strong influences from Chinese, Malaysian and Indian cultures so the variety of the food is absolutely amazing.

If you're a foodie, go Malaysia.

According to Skyscanner, you can go to the below countries from Bali for less than $200 one-way (mainly AirAsia or Tiger Airways):
- Singapore;
- Vietnam;
- Hong Kong;
- Malaysia;
- Cambodia;
- Japan;
- China;
- Macau; and
- Thailand.

Good pick, I vote Japan, fabulous place to visit, cheap food, however, accommodation can be costly that is the only down side.

Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia are super cheap but they are not for everyone, certainly most of my princess friends would not survive those countries.

I like Malaysia a lot. It is relatively cheap for a modern Asian country but the beauty of this country is that it has very strong influences from Chinese, Malaysian and Indian cultures so the variety of the food is absolutely amazing.

If you're a foodie, go Malaysia.

Where is good to stay in Malaysia? Do they have good beaches as well? Is it good for small kids?
This time next year I will be relaxing somewhere in Asia!

sorry but depends on how cheap if u stay in tourist places it wont be that cheap just cheaper then others western countries.

just really up to how much u want to spend, in vietnam there are hotels that cost 5k a night as well :)

Where is good to stay in Malaysia? Do they have good beaches as well? Is it good for small kids?
This time next year I will be relaxing somewhere in Asia!

They have great beaches in Malaysia. If it's the end of the year then stick to the west coast for weather reasons, Langkawi is a fantastic island and very cheap to get to on Airasis from KL.

Edit: just saw that you're going this time next year. Langkawi will still be good but for perfect weather the east coast is better. Tiomen or Perhentians are amazing, bit of travel to get to but just paradise.

Place map of third world countries on wall and throw said dart at it.

Don't know about that; everyone I ever talk to who's going O/S - all going to Vietnam or one of those. :rolleyes:

The new Bali, by the sounds.

Thanks all for your chiming in.

Is Malaysia cheap cheap? Like, Phuket was cheap. Food about $2 a mean, same with beers most anywhere we went. Bali on the other hand was double that or more in the tourist areas.

Malaysia would be closer to Bali cost wise, still very affordable though. Alcohol is the 1 thing that isn't cheap given that it's a muslim country, unless you go to Langkawi the duty free island.

Thanks all for your chiming in.

Is Malaysia cheap cheap? Like, Phuket was cheap. Food about $2 a mean, same with beers most anywhere we went. Bali on the other hand was double that or more in the tourist areas.

Not as cheap as Thailand but still very affordable in terms of food and travel costs. Alcohol is expensive.

Cheers

Jamie

We went to Vietnam for our honeymoon for a couple of weeks back in April/May. Absolutely amazing place. Would definitely recommend it. We did a lot of tourist-y things and stayed in 4-5 star hotels and it was still cheap!

I had a mate who has recently travelled over to Vietnam from Perth $500 return :eek:

Back