Where to start?

Hi,
So here is the deal and I hope I'm in the right spot... I'm looking at a property for basically the land value. The block has a fire damaged old house on it and it contains asbestos. Located in qld
My end goal is demo the house, and build either a house or duplex on the block and then sell.
I'm curious as to see if anyone has done anything along the same lines, but more so the steps of initial stages. What processes did you look at, what sort of contractors/companies did you speak with and about what for pricing the asbestos removal and demo of the building and clearing of the block.
I would love to hear any stories from anyone who has been down this track or even point me in the right direction as this is one path I haven't been down.

Thanks for your thoughts

Most likely the biggest challenge is getting finance: if the house is inhabitable then normal residential lenders will not be interested, or will require a significant deposit before they lend.

Hi,
So here is the deal and I hope I'm in the right spot... I'm looking at a property for basically the land value. The block has a fire damaged old house on it and it contains asbestos. Located in qld
My end goal is demo the house, and build either a house or duplex on the block and then sell.
I'm curious as to see if anyone has done anything along the same lines, but more so the steps of initial stages. What processes did you look at, what sort of contractors/companies did you speak with and about what for pricing the asbestos removal and demo of the building and clearing of the block.
I would love to hear any stories from anyone who has been down this track or even point me in the right direction as this is one path I haven't been down.

Thanks for your thoughts

I would be aiming to get it for land value less demo and preparation costs less a little bit more for the effort. Otherwise you will be behind right from the start.

Cheers

Ok thanks for that.
Has anyone previously demolished a house that contained asbestos? Just curious to see how they went about it all

i got a double garage and laundry demolished and removed from our backyard. amazing how quickly it got done. left for work in the morning and came back with nothing in my backyard. cost was $3k to get it done.

Back