Where would you live?When?

Inland for me. Preferably at least 30 minutes from the sea & all the associated hassles.

Surrounded by bushland, but with shopping & amenities within 10 minutes drive.

in other words pretty much where we are now really
(which is why we moved here)

Then again, I think the place is less important than inner happiness - I can be happy living virtually anywhere....it just involves adjusting your own attitude :)

I like the beach for holidays, but wouldn't want to live next to the beach 24/7 for the rest of my life.....

Cheers,

Aceyducey

I would move on the water in Point Piper, Wolseley Road. The views of Sydney's harbour are just magnificent. I want to be living there in about 15 years from now. I am 18 now so i know i will make it :D

walsh bay at the rocks - something at the top please. sub penthouse ok but penthouse preferred. facing bridge, 2 car spaces and SMART electronics throughout. 160sq mts plus balcony plus carspace.
sounds perfect to me :)

julie

Hi all,

Acey, this is a bit weird, we seem to live in similar places!! :eek: ( I knew we had a lot in common from some other threads).

Always_L, Your just dreaming, you could never afford them..... The cray pots that is. :D

bye

My ideal place would be Silicon Valley, CA. I wouldn't mind having a block near the Oracle office building! I'd love to wake up every day, walk a few blocks down the road to Yahoo HQ, a bit further down, more global computer/Internet giant computing HQ.... The next best thing would probably be a waterfront mansion in Soverign Islands. 360deg of pure ocean/sea front. The amazing views! Look around and you are surrounded by million dollar homes.

Another place I wouldn't mind living is the Q1 tower that is being built in Surfers Paradise. 80 Levels, 811 Carparks, Apparently it will be the world's tallest residental tower. You can probably see Brisbane from up there! ;) If anyone is interested, better put down your deposit now.. :D

HOW TALL is this building?? It looks like something from 2050! :p
http://www.nihonpac.com/images/goldcoast_impression.jpg

I have heard that a Japanese business man already paid $6 million dollars for the top penthouse. Fear not, if you don't have this kind of money they have an observation deck at the top which can hold 400 people. ;)

sPeaking of tall residential towers , I heard a interview with a resident/owner of a 12th floor apartment in a melbourne docklands building that only had 2 lifts. With peopl moving in and out he said there are many times when only 1 lift is available !!!

Originally posted by peteb
sPeaking of tall residential towers , I heard a interview with a resident/owner of a 12th floor apartment in a melbourne docklands building that only had 2 lifts. With peopl moving in and out he said there are many times when only 1 lift is available !!!
Most high rises have 2 lifts and in most cases it isnt a problem as they move pretty fast. Yes people do move in and out and take up one lift but this isnt a daily event and not to much of an inconvenience.

This is a great thread!

As I already live in a fantastic location, I will put down my list of hoilday homes

Like others, I have to have a variety of places:D

* A country estate with cattle and horses for the kids

* A beach house on the coast of Victoria directly opposite the ocean.

* A beach front apartment at Palm Cove

* An apartment at the Versace Hotel in Surfers

* A house on The Strand, Williamstown Melbourne...Purely for Investment purposes and the fact that I have made it:D

* A 12th Century Villa in Tuscany that I run as a B&B

Mrs Bird:D

Hey Guys

Seems the majority lives North. Having only been up there once what you are describing sounds like dreamland. :)

Well will continue to freeze in Adelaide but then again.............................

Dreamin

It is fun to indulge in a dream. My dream when I have finances on auto pilot is to live an itinerant life. I would need a base somewhere south of the Gold Coast near the NSW border. It would have the soothing sound of the crashing surf and pleasant brush of the sea breeze.

And I would not be tied to the spot all year round. I would like to spend a few months each year at some other spots in Thailand, Phillipines or Pacific island. I like the style of Always_L but cannot afford his level of sophistication, although I can try.

:D

I already live in a nice spot Taren point/miranda area of sydney,but have decided for a change .Will be moving to a canal front at broadbeach waters in 3 weeks time .Cross fingers I have made right decision.

Firstly I'd have to agree with Acey's comment about your attitude being right first...enjoy where you are now too and "smell the roses" on our journeys to our dream places.

I love Canberra it has been a fantastic place to live for the last 15 years...but there is the call of the sea that I cannot resist any longer (I'm a piscean cant help it) First stop QLD - Sunshine Coast or Wynnum/Manly area as long as there is a marina for the yacht and a beach for my little girls (ETA JULY 2004), that's while we do a bit more "dealing" and save for Next stop ...Pittwater with Mooring maybe cottage point, church point . Paradise! In the bush with the city lights less than an hour away.

It will be good to revisit this down the track and see how we are going.

Carolyn

At least we have dreams!!

This for me is a very hard decision.Flexibility is important.
We love the Hills district,but also love the ocean. And I love playing golf/snow ski-ing!!
So for now Hills district is good, may end up in Kellyville for a while if kids go to a high school there ...but when Greg Norman/Medallist build a premier golf course 20 mins down the road at Schofields will probably buy an IP there (overlooking Golf Course) and maybe move there eventually as it may well be the best course in Sydney going on the Sharks ventures at Brookwater and The Vintage.
Would eventually like to have IP's in the snow (probably Victoria as NSW is way too expensive and the yields are not good enough)...and another IP in Forster or somewhere equivalent up the North Coast.
But if in 20 years we all have cars that can fly, then central coast for my PPOR would be the go for sure!!!:) Avoca Beach,with its cute rockpools:)

As I'm likely to be still single when I retire, I'd want something that offers both beach and bush and a community atmosphere. There's probably a few places that offer all this but Bundeena/Maianbar in the Royal National Park springs to mind and my sister lives there.

Just a ferry ride to bustling Cronulla and within 1 hours drive for my kids/grandkids to visit or vice versa.

Olly

Originally posted by Les
G'day all,

Our goal date is Dec 2005 - and we'll be HERE:-
http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=57487#post57487
Already purchased, rented, and just looking forward to settling down there (Ella, you would probably relate to this one...)

Ooh yes Les - that looks gorgeous. Where exactly is it I wonder?!

I realise from other posts that of course I should have included a few overseas properties! So here are my other residences (in my dreams!)

A beach house in Ko Samui, Thailand
A house in southern India - either in the hills near Mysore, or perhaps in Kovalam or Ooty
And a flat in London somewhere - perhaps Bethnal Green

... lovely thoughts!!

Like most people, it's the thought of early retirement that drives me. I would like a large apartment with views to the harbour bridge that I might use occassionally to go to the theatre . I would also like something close to the ocean. I have purchased a block of land at Harrington Waters ( Mid North Coast) backing on to the golf course and not far from the beach so in a few years I will tell you what it's like.

The Gold Coast is wonderful to visit but I don't want to live there myself, my brother does so I can just visit him. :)

I would love a beautiful big Queenslander on the hill at Hamilton overlooking the city and Brissie River, all I need is a spare 10-15 mil. I also love inner Sydney, so an apartment at the Rocks would be ideal.

Also loved Laureton and North Haven 30km south of Port MacQuarie. What a magic place to live it would be.

Kev

www.nundahrealestate.com.au

Seems like most people would like something at the Gold Coast or something inner city. I want the complete opposite. As a couple of others have mentioned, I'm aiming for some peace and beauty and isolation in Tasmania, maybe near the water, maybe in the mountains. Don't care particularly about the house, providing it's comfortable. As long as it's away from the rat race I'll be happy. A bit of space for a cottage garden and some veges would be good as well.

John.

Hmmm,

how about wherever i feel like when i wake up

55POL_0157-med.JPG

rossv :)[

(edited to embed picture)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back