Where's Dale

Most of the accountants would be starting to get busy - it's that time of year. Interestingly, quite a few of the ones we deal with are taking a bit of holiday before tax season really hits.
Scott

Let's see ... if I had to choose from wanting to read posts from those causing trouble or those valued contributors being p*ssed off ?
That's not hard is it ?
It's about time that some posters woke up and smelled the mess they're depositting.
Personal attacks based on whatever pretence don't help the forum or themselves.
Are they're egos so low that you have to puff out your chest and constantly take every post so seriously then attack the post and the poster ?

Now I'm not saying that Dale is missing for reasons of this nature, but the mere inkling that this could be the reason gets me wild. It was posters like Dale that made me value this forum.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Hi gang,

I have to agree with Patosan. I'm also not sure of why he has been absent but as stated previously this is a busy time for his office.

However based on the very unfair attack on him in his last thread I wouldn't blame him one bit for staying away.

Cheers - Gordon

I think even Hinch made an apology attempt yesterday......

There's probably some other recent outbursts that deserve a similar followup........

Well, as SOS suggested, I searched Dale's posts.

And the last date was April, so perhaps he is simply taking a holiday from the forum.

So, I would like to take the opportunity to thank Dale:

For his Humour - always quick with the gags

For his Knowledge - obviously a very knowledgeable and learned person

For his Willingness to share - many detailed and worthwhile posts

For his Frankness - sharing his own ambitions, his own way of investing, his own way of doing things

For his Genuine and Sincere personality. A really nice person who wants other people to be encouraged to participate in property investing.

Many thanks to Dale - and perhaps we'll see him back again. We all have periods where other aspects of our life adopt a higher priority than the forum - after all, it can take up a great deal of our time each day (gulp!).

Until we meet again

Best wishes

Kristine

Last edited:
Am I missing something here?

I went to the thread with Dales latest post in, (about a QLD accountant?) and didnt notice anything?

Anyway, as Im sure all would agree, Dale has, and hopefully will continue to make a huge contribution to Somersoft.

Kristine.. said:
It appears that Dale has deleted his posts, and this woud indicate that, at the very least, he is taking a holiday from the forum.

Kristine

????

Hi Kristine.

I just did a search on Dale's Posts and they all still seem to be there?

Regardles of that.......I totally agree with your sentiments about Dale's contibutions!

Whether Dale is busy, decided to take a break for a while or whatever, I think some regular 'back slapping' for Dale, some of our regular contributors and also for those who have recently departed for personal reasons is long overdue.

THANK YOU......your contributions are and have been VERY much appreciated.

As an aside.....having respect for people and thanking them does not require an unquestioning obedience. People can ask questions and make comments in a civilised fashion without becoming dogmatic and rude.

:)

Hi Alan

Yes, I was confused, too. When I searched Dale's posts yesterday, only one came up, back in March 2003 (I think).

I did the search a couple of times, just to make sure. But when I searched again today, all the posts were there! Some Gremlin in the system, I don't know. So I edited my post today, but obviously while you were replying, so we have crossed over each other.

So I have already corrected that reference.

Thanks

Kristine

Sultan of Swing said:
I think if you do a search, find the last thread he started, read it and work it out from there......

I mentioned the last thread he started, not his last post...

To make it a little less cryptic and a bit easier to work it out...

http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20444

I'd noticed he hadn't been on quite a while back and had my suspicions as to why. Unlike Steve Navra, IMHO, Dale just disappeared quietly for a time. (Not that there's a right or wrong way of dissappearing).

If he has gone for good, I too would like to thank him for all his contributions. I've learned a lot from his posts and his two books.

On the other hand, perhaps he's taking an extended holiday somewhere...

I also hope Dale's having a break and he hasn't picked up his bat & ball and gone home for good. Judging by the last thread he started, let's hope that these fools who use this forum start to act with some manners and not post when they're possibly drunk. I also really hope Steve Navra will come back one day but in the meantime i'm looking forward to joining his new exclusive forum (though i'm not sure of the cost yet).

Well I did read the thread in which he was unfairly attacked & I hope he is just on holidays. It would be a huge loss if he is gone for good. Dale is one of the members that I admire greatly. He is always willing to give of his time & answer questions to help members when there is no financial reward for him.

Please Dale, if you are reading these messages, come back.

Looking back on Dale's last thread it is not hard to work out why he hasn't posted since. As an accountant I saw the forum as an opportunity to keep abreast of the issues facing investors and to advertise the fact that my firm had the knowledge they were looking for. I thought this was a fair exchange for accurate and free advice.
If promoting your business by giving free advice is not acceptable on this forum. How do you expect to keep the discussions on track?
Further isn't it in the best interest of other forum members to read discussions amongst Accountants and then be able to know how to contact the one they feel will be able to help them.
So is self promotion acceptable or not?
Julia Hartman
www.bantacs.com.au
[email protected]

Hiya Julia,

"Self Promotion" in the way you, and Dale (amongst many others) is ABSOLUTELY Acceptable. That's what the forum is here for.

Please allow me to clear it up.

Anyone who participates in the forum through the dissemination of information, and logical, clear discussion is welcome (if you get clients from it, great). Anyone who comes along and self promotes but offers no other participation (a 'spammer') is not welcome.

Dale was DEFINATELY in the former category.

Unfortunately, due to the fact that this forum is open to the public, we do get our share of, um, how do you say it nicely, um, dills. We (the mods) try to weed out the dills, but it's a fine line between keeping the peace and being trigger happy.

Unfortunately, Dale caught the brunt of it in that thread, and rightly took offence. I won't make any comment about that particular thread, as it isn't constructive.

May I humbly suggest, if you miss Dale, email him and TELL HIM!

asy :D

I for one miss him. I do not make many posts but the information to me,as a new invester ,from all the posters is fantastic.

Could you post his e-mail adress so I could tell him, please?
Thank you,
Peter

Back