Where's Dale

Pete

If people are OK with being contacted directly by email then they will have listed their email address in their User Profile.

If they do not want to be contacted by email then when you click on
'Send a message vial email to...' a window will pop up saying that emails have been blocked.

If you want to contact Dale (or anyone else) go to his (their) Profile in the Members area of the Forum

http://www.somersoft.com/forums/member.php?u=4

and go from there.

Cheers

Kristine

asy said:
Unfortunately, Dale caught the brunt of it in that thread, and rightly took offence. I won't make any comment about that particular thread, as it isn't constructive.
asy :D

Actually, there was only one person who had a problem with Dale's post - it was this person's post that prompted both Dale's reticence to post in the future, and the greater forum's conscience to rally behind him.

http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showpost.php?p=150113&postcount=17

Why should a vocal minority (of ONE) win?

Isn't it fairer that the person with the problem should refrain from posting again rather than Dale, who has helped so many and asked so little in return?

Makes sense to me,

Jamie.

Last edited:
Jamie said:
Isn't it fairer that the person with the problem should refrain from posting again rather than Dale, who has helped so many and asked so little in return?

Makes sense to me,

Jamie.
Well even though I'm :mad: , I still believe that the forum should be open to as many as possible.
Rather than ask certain posters to not participate I'd prefer to simply ask them to hear our concerns and make a small change in their style. More often than not their viewpoint is a tad different from others, and this makes their contribution valuable.
I'm after a shift to self disciplined harnony rather than exile.
... now to get my kids to do the same ... oh the challenges are endless.

Hi all.

It's sad when we (the forum) lose any regular posters especially when they fall into the likes of Dale or Steve i.e very knowledgeable people. We all end up losing.

I'm all for freedom of speech, but maybe we should all have a read through our (about to) post before we hit that submit button.

Regards
Marty

I doubt that post would have caused the problem. Most accountants deal with people who at some time will question their professional judgment anyway and some clients can be downright insulting when they think they have found a mistake. Shortly afterwards, they are eating humble pie but your typical accountant in public practice has to have thick skin and a diplomatic tongue in order to survive.

On online forums, the discussions can become even more vitrolic. I subscribe to the Penny Arcade's "Greater Internet *** Theory" which explains this phenomenon, although in more swear words than I care to read.

Hi guys,

Sadly, there is a reason to Dad's exit from the forum. As pointed out by SOS, that thread was one of several where someone has questioned his integrity (as well, apparently, as a few PMs).

At this stage - despite my best efforts to convince him otherwise - Dad has no real intention to come back.

It's a shame, because biased as I am, Dad made an incredibly valuable contribution to this forum.

dale at gatherumgoss.com is his email - if you want him back, let him know!!

Regards,

James.

JamesGG said:
Hi guys,

Sadly, there is a reason to Dad's exit from the forum. As pointed out by SOS, that thread was one of several where someone has questioned his integrity (as well, apparently, as a few PMs).

At this stage - despite my best efforts to convince him otherwise - Dad has no real intention to come back.

It's a shame, because biased as I am, Dad made an incredibly valuable contribution to this forum.

Regards,

James.

Hi James

Thanks for confirming that. And who can blame him after that last unprovoked attack.

I'll think I'll stop here before I get abusive..... :mad:

JamesGG said:
Hi guys,

Regards,

James.

What a shame :(

JamesGG said:
Hi guys,

Regards,

James.
:eek: WTF??? :confused:

I have only just read this thread, thinking Dale must have gone away on holiday and people were asking after him......I had no idea that his absence was related to posts questioning his integrity as a highly professional and respected accountant!!!

It saddens me think that people like Steve Navra, and now Dale, have been pushed to the point of retreat because of a select few. :( I have seen this happen all too often in the business world, admittedly not in an internet forum, but in real life....and all I can say to those responsible is YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF not only have you shot yourself in the foot, but you have disadvantaged many more who (unlike you) actually had some RESPECT for these professionals, all in the name of YOUR EGO!!! :mad:

Ditto. First Brains, Steve Navra and now Dale.
This is getting ridiculous.
Some posters here are almost as bad as a football forum in their attacks on the people who impart valuable knowledge lately....

I would say that the parties at fault, and I know they are following this thread, should email to Dale themselves with an apology for their unprofessional and unprovoked attack. And then put a sock in their mouth should they feel the need to "stir it up" in the future.

This area / forum isn't a place for trolls or people who insult other's integrity. It is a place for professionals and investors. And if you can't say it to their face, don't say it at all.

Mry said:
This area / forum isn't a place for trolls or people who insult other's integrity. It is a place for professionals and investors. And if you can't say it to their face, don't say it at all.
Absolutely Mry!!!

Then there are those whose gutlessness is even lower than this, who foolishly think they can re-register as a different username, post/PM their nastiness in cognito believing they won't be found out!!! (I can think of one in particular who has been doing this to me for months, and SHE knows exactly who she is). :rolleyes:

perky29 said:
Ditto. First Brains, Steve Navra and now Dale.
Much further back, Michael Croft left for the same reason. Others have undoubtedly done the same. And I know that there are at least some valued members who have left for similar reasons, and have been persuaded to come back.

Monopoly said:
Absolutely Mry!!!

Then there are those whose gutlessness is even lower than this, who foolishly think they can re-register as a different username, post/PM their nastiness in cognito believing they won't be found out!!! (I can think of one in particular who has been doing this to me for months, and SHE knows exactly who she is). :rolleyes:

Gee, some people must have to much time on their hands, and need to get a life.

monoply said:
Gee, some people must have to much time on their hands, and need to get a life.
Hey mono (minus the capital "M" and no "o" between "l" and "y"!!!) ;) At last we speak!! LOL :p

Indeed she does mon, and thankfully her current medication should keep her in check (well, one would hope) :D if not, I daresay she will resurface in the form of one of her many "alias"(es). :rolleyes:

Seeing the back of her doesn't concern me, it's losing the valuable contributors such as Steve Navra and Dale that is the real pity. :( With any luck (fingers crossed) one day one (or preferrably both) these gentlemen will return to the forum. :)

Cheers,

Jo

Thanks Dale...

Hi...

I guess... all "great'" posters" need to move on...

Dale and others spend many, many hours contributing to this forum.

######## Primarily for the benefit of others. ############

Best of luck Dale.

- Ross on the Gold Coast

Hi all,

I too am saddened at the departure of Dale. He always gave prompt, factual replies to all the questions that were asked of him.

A big "THANKYOU" for your time and energy spent here.

bye

Back