Which bank r you with and what interest rates are you currently getting?

Just what to see what other SS members existing home loan interest rates are.

I myself bank with Westpac and current variable loan is 5.21% discount of 1.05% off the standard Westpac variable.

Me personally am on HSL variable 5.20% and CBA 5.15%. Got a client on 5.07% variable a few days ago. Clients always get better deals than me :(

Wow, need to use u for my next loan,..... but are you able to do you do loans interstate?????.... Im happy with my current interest rates given that westpac have been known to be scrooges in the industry.

Yes interest rate, is only one factor on loan, im just glad that i didnt have to refinance, cos i was previously only got a discount for .7% then .9% and now 1.05%, i doubt that the next time i call them up i will get a discount of 1.2% but i will try my luck in maybe in about 4 months time.

There are ways you can get an effective rate of below 4.8....................but this comes with some work some risk. and needs to be a decent chunk of money to make it worthwhile.

Focus on cost vs availability can often end in a counterproductive outcome, save 3000 a year but lose 500 000 plus in portfolio value over time.

ta
rolf

Ah yes the good old rate debate. What's the point of getting an interest rate of say 5.00% when you can't service with that lender, or you want to build 3 dwellings and a lender's policy doesn't allow it or the product doesn't have a critical feature such as an offset.

Arguably, rate is merely only one piece in a potentially large puzzle.

Hi, Can you guys please add what your loan amounts are? I am finding I couldn't get anywhere near those rates but possibly I don't have high enough loans? I have 0.8% off std var with ANZ with a portfolio of 3 IPs loans totalling 700K. Is that an ok rate?

Hi, Can you guys please add what your loan amounts are? I am finding I couldn't get anywhere near those rates but possibly I don't have high enough loans? I have 0.8% off std var with ANZ with a portfolio of 3 IPs loans totalling 700K. Is that an ok rate?

So your effective rate ( excluding fees) is 5.33

Ubank will do 4.87 .............

for a directly comparable product ING and BWA ( 2 year intro) will slice another 20pts off that and I guess STG will do something in the 5.0x. Post Service levels at all 3 is in our experience best left to someone else

Id be chasing my existing lender a bit harder,unless there are other reasons to move 20pts is usually not a worthwhile thing.........if you are pulling equity, breaking xcoll etc, then also chase a better rate

ta
rolf

I go to whichever bank lends me the money. Interest rates for most banks are all pretty close to one another. Most start with a 5.

Oscar

You would also need to include LVR as this also plays a part in the discount offered.

Not all lenders price based on LVR

This aside, one week you have a lender who is hot, the next they're 4th or 5th because the rest then chase them and have to 'beat them'

Fine, I'll play the rate game.

I can get variable rates as low as 4.99% and fixed rates as low as 4.67%.

All subject to certain terms, conditions and qualifying criteria, which most people won't be able to meet, or it won't suit their objectives.

This is a very pointless thread.

What is the process for seeking a larger discount on an existing variable loan with a Big 4? Is threatening to refinance to another bank the most common (or only) method?

Or can I look for a broker to help me (but the broker wouldn't get a commission on requests like these)?

So your effective rate ( excluding fees) is 5.33

Ubank will do 4.87 .............

for a directly comparable product ING and BWA ( 2 year intro) will slice another 20pts off that and I guess STG will do something in the 5.0x. Post Service levels at all 3 is in our experience best left to someone else

Id be chasing my existing lender a bit harder,unless there are other reasons to move 20pts is usually not a worthwhile thing.........if you are pulling equity, breaking xcoll etc, then also chase a better rate

ta
rolf

Thanks rolf. It's ANZ - 2 loans are in a Co/trust setup (one loan and one LOC) and third one is in joint names. All are 80% LVR. Our current broker tried to get a better rate but they wouldn't budge? It was too much of a risk for us to get another bank to approve the trust docs in short time. Wouldn't reduce any fees either. Anything special you need to get 1% off with ANZ? :D

Thanks rolf. It's ANZ - 2 loans are in a Co/trust setup (one loan and one LOC) and third one is in joint names. All are 80% LVR. Our current broker tried to get a better rate but they wouldn't budge? It was too much of a risk for us to get another bank to approve the trust docs in short time. Wouldn't reduce any fees either. Anything special you need to get 1% off with ANZ? :D

Trust with ANZ???? trust is not eligible for the ANZ breakfree discount...

Im presuming you bought the place as "joint tenants?" or your on a simplicity plus loan/fixed rate loan with ANZ.

Trust with ANZ???? trust is not eligible for the ANZ breakfree discount...

Im presuming you bought the place as "joint tenants?" or your on a simplicity plus loan/fixed rate loan with ANZ.

To clarify, we got the breakfree package with the first IP which was purchased in mine and my husbands names. After that we financed 2 properties in the trust - not breakfree package, but same discount was applied although LOC is a bit higher.

To clarify, we got the breakfree package with the first IP which was purchased in mine and my husbands names. After that we financed 2 properties in the trust - not breakfree package, but same discount was applied although LOC is a bit higher.

This is pretty much standard for ANZ with trusts, it's not a big deal to get the same discounts applied, especially if you've already got a Breakfree package. LOCs with most lenders are slightly more expensive than the vanilla variable.

In response to your original question, you should probably go back to your original broker to ask again for a discount. If this doesn't work you can call another broker (although I doubt they'll have much more luck in most cases).

The interesting thing about ANZ is that unlike most other lenders, they will actually pay brokers for keeping loans with them.

Back