Who Bought in Sydney 2003/2004/2005/2006? And What Value is it Now (2014)?

Time in market + buying well (under market value) + adding value = one very lethal combination to sucess.

Cheers,
Redom

Great post. Personally I would add into that equation:

Sensible Guesstimating of Timing the market + Time in market + buying well (under market value) + adding value = one very lethal combination to success

Because if someone bought at the peak of a boom then the rest of the equation could be (not definitely) greatly ineffective imho.

:D

Leo

Great post. Personally I would add into that equation:

Sensible Guesstimating of Timing the market + Time in market + buying well (under market value) + adding value = one very lethal combination to success

Because if someone bought at the peak of a boom then the rest of the equation could be greatly ineffective.

Haha thanks - agree. :)

Purchased in Padstow in 2005 for $410K - spent about $100K on repairs and renos - which helped a lot with the rental returns but probably was over capitalising.

Recent valuation was $870K.

Bought 2 IPs in Blacktown area in 2010 &2011, both $300, they should be worth approx $500k each these days. Looks like they still have some steam to run next year, the more the better.m

Out hunting for more in QLD so far.

Bought 2 IPs in Blacktown area in 2010 &2011, both $300, they should be worth approx $500k each these days. Looks like they still have some steam to run next year, the more the better.m

Out hunting for more in QLD so far.

Awesome job Ericproperty!!

Leo

hi LeoT, You are one the inspiration as well.

Have gone back to read previous post back in 2003, lots of great stuff, unfortunately people moved on and no longer on the forum anymore.

hi LeoT, You are one the inspiration as well.

Have gone back to read previous post back in 2003, lots of great stuff, unfortunately people moved on and no longer on the forum anymore.

cheers.

I think ppl may go though fads of posting, depending whats happening in their lives at the time. Just a guess.

Leo

That's the interesting item with life as one gets older,all the mistakes that I made and I learnt not to make again,i still remember..

yeah once I said to my mentor..i wish I could forget all my mistakes.. then he made me realise that the 'mistakes' are actually successes. Without making them (as most of the population don't because they don't invest at all) you wouldn't be on the path to success and greater financial independence. So really those 'failures' could be seen as ' prickly successors' along the path few dare or have the courage to take.

;)

leo

parents inherited my grandfather house on burns rd wahroonga over 1000sq block original house ! sold for low 700's 2008 only two bidders at the auction they wanted it gone because they were worried about capital gains would hate to think what its worth now

Hi MTR,

Well if I were to give my best guess, and if I classify all of Sydney as 1 market (not a bad idea IMO at the moment) then I would say its probably between 12 oclock and 1 oclock. Would like to know where others think the market is at?

Cheers.

leo

Hi LeoT,

Can you let us know your thoughts about where in property clock is Brisbane market at present ? Also, would like to know where you think good suburbs to invest in Brisbane for development site with around 1 million budget(only site) ?

Rooky

Hi LeoT,

Can you let us know your thoughts about where in property clock is Brisbane market at present ? Also, would like to know where you think good suburbs to invest in Brisbane for development site with around 1 million budget(only site) ?

Rooky

Hey Rookie,

Its a hard one to classify all of Brisbane as 1 market, but lets just talk about a 10km radius from the CBD, My best guess from everything ive seen, I would say its probably between 7-9 o'clock.

With regards to development sites for 1m budget, this is really a long conversation because it also depends on goals, strategy, short terms cash flow management. But I would say with a 1m budget, you have ample opportunities within a 10km radius from the CBD,i wouldn't venture further IMO. Some good splitter blocks as well as LMR sites. You also need to work out if you will have the finance for the construction now or will that come later on.

Cheers

Leo

I bought a townhouse in Guildford in 2002 for 255K and comparables are selling for over 500K.

I bought two IPs in Colyton in 2007 for 230K and 235K and they'd be worth around low-mid 400s now.

I have a few NSW regionals that I bought in 07 that have gone up around 40-50K. Funny how you'd be pretty happy with those figures if not comparing with the Sydney market.

Hey Rookie,

Its a hard one to classify all of Brisbane as 1 market, but lets just talk about a 10km radius from the CBD, My best guess from everything ive seen, I would say its probably between 7-9 o'clock.

With regards to development sites for 1m budget, this is really a long conversation because it also depends on goals, strategy, short terms cash flow management. But I would say with a 1m budget, you have ample opportunities within a 10km radius from the CBD,i wouldn't venture further IMO. Some good splitter blocks as well as LMR sites. You also need to work out if you will have the finance for the construction now or will that come later on.

Cheers

Leo

Thanks Leo. Much appreciated.

Purchased around the Parramatta region in 2003.
Could have bought it for roughly the same price in 2008.
(A mate of mine bought in the same suburb for more in the same year, renovated, then sold for less in 2008)

Last bank valuation (last month) indicated it had doubled in price. Most of the growth occurred between 2008-2010, then 2013.

Last edited:
Back