Who bought the $100 million lotto ticket

I bought my first ever lotto ticket last week and won $150 so have reinvested $30 and the remainder the lotteries is holding hostage until I present 100pts of ID.

I got 4 numbers last week and won $22.05. If I win $100 million I ain't gonna tell anyone (too many bludgers). I'll just laugh my head off when people I know see me driving a half million dollar car....so long suckers LOL...I won't even quit work...it will drive people crazy...funny how money affects people.

I'm going to buy one.

Third ticket ever.

It's fun for a laugh. I'm not expecting anything, but there is a newsagent downstairs so I might as well :D

A 50 game slikpik is $60. Therefore $1.20 per game.

Chances of winning lotto are 1 in 45mil
45 mil x $1.20 = $55mil
Win $100mil - $55mil = $45mil profit

Someone want to lend me $55mil? :p

If you can get 50 games for $60, then surely you'd expect a "bulk buy" discount if you purchase 45 million games?

I buy when the big draws are out

I've bought syndicates and quick picks

My biggest win in the last ten years was 2.65 about a year ago, and that was after spending $60 in tickets

So I went to woolworths and tried to buy a beer with it

And damn, the cheapest single beer was 2.95!

Was not very happy

I hate to break it to you all, but I believe that I just bought the winning ticket in tomorrows lotto.
I only ever play 4 or 6 games on a ticket made up of birthdays, ages & anniversaries. I never buy really big tickets anymore. I read once that a lot of winners are from small ticket purchases so I figure I might as well save my money!
In honour of the $100,000,000 I splurged on a 6 game ticket this time :D
I would keep it a secret if I won big but I would help my family (14 siblings between hubby and I!!!)
and I would shout coffee to a few friends....LOL :D;)

If I did go in I'd pick more numbers 32 and above. That's not because there's any better chance of those winning. It's because so many people choose numbers based on birthdays, so that when I did win with a number 31 or below, there's a bigger chance I'd have to share some of my millions with one of the great unwashed.

I bought my ticket. I think it was a System 8 and was $43 from recollection.

Here's to sharing the millions with a choice few

I love to play 'what would I do with the money'
- pay off parents mortgage
- give them an instant super fund to live off
- give my brother money to buy his first house and put some money in trust for his child
- give my sister a slap in the head (oops did I say that?) to be fair I'd give the money she owes my parents to my parents then give her some money and put some in trust for her 4 kids.

Favourite charities - Telethon Speech and Hearing and Princess Margaret Children's Hospital would get money.

The rest I would build my dream house, perhaps a holiday house (part time IP) and then set myself up to develop full time

Yup I'm going to need to win a lot of money :)

Please...

You have 45,379,000 chance of winning Oz Lotto playing one standard game

or

You have 1,603,250 chance of being killed by lightning

Did I buy a ticket?

Hell yeah!
Sounds good numbers 45,379,000 tickets and as long as no-one else has those numbers you win..

There is a 100% chance I will not be winning the lottery. Unfortunately, this does not increase the chances of winning for those buying a ticket. :p

I bought a ticket online this morning. Being such a cheap *******, I only bought one game, costing a grand total of $1.35.
What, so the newsagent lied to me? Once I crossed 3 boxes I asked what's the minimum I have to send and he said 2, so I send the 3 for $3.60, but you said you can just send 1????????
Anyway, it's nice to dream, right?:)

What, so the newsagent lied to me? Once I crossed 3 boxes I asked what's the minimum I have to send and he said 2, so I send the 3 for $3.60, but you said you can just send 1????????
Anyway, it's nice to dream, right?:)

Do it online, and you can buy as many games as you like, from 1 up.

Given there's a slim chance I won't win, I figured I should minimise the cost of participating.

Again, statistically it may not be a good idea to buy like today as more people might be buying tickets. So there are more chances of winning reducing the 'portion' :)

Back