Who has a wall oven?

Would you put a wall oven tower in your kitchen if you had space?

• Yes

Votes: 22 55.0%
  • No

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • Wouldn't care one way or the other

Votes: 10 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just doing a quick poll on the % of people who would have a wall oven tower if they had a choice. Unlike previous builds, our new duplex build has kitchen space to fit in a wall oven tower but I'm not sure if it is an asset or not?
Any opinions on this?

I would prefer a wall oven but ONLY if I could get it in 900mm (which I don't think I've ever seen?). Wall ovens make it easier to see what's happening on the inside.

The answer wouldn't change particularly whether it was an IP or a PPOR, only on the value of the house/location. A cooktop & wall/underbench oven looks better (IMHO) than a freestanding range (unless you have a 900 mm wide gaggenau).

yes - easier to move hot trays in and out without burning + see what's going on. Had one growing up.
On the other hand - not a make or break thing. And agree with SNM that under stove looks neater.
Would love a dishwasher though. Two halves.

I would prefer a wall oven but ONLY if I could get it in 900mm (which I don't think I've ever seen?). Wall ovens make it easier to see what's happening on the inside.

17 Products available here

We considered two with pot drawers underneath, but went with one, after nearly a year haven't missed out having only one

17 Products available here

We considered two with pot drawers underneath, but went with one, after nearly a year haven't missed out having only one

Yes, I have a 900mm like those listed in your link but it's mounted under the bench. I think what the OP is referring to is something like this:
oventower.jpg

which I have seen a 900mm mounted in that fashion. I'm sure it exists just must not be all that common?

Just doing a quick poll on the % of people who would have a wall oven tower if they had a choice. Unlike previous builds, our new duplex build has kitchen space to fit in a wall oven tower but I'm not sure if it is an asset or not?
Any opinions on this?

PPOR I'm doing double oven stacked in wall oven tower but for IPs I've been going with 900mm wide oven under bench oven with 900mm hotplate above. Simply because they are now very economical and 900mm still has a bit of a luxury feel and can still cook a lot

PPOR I'm doing double oven stacked in wall oven tower but for IPs I've been going with 900mm wide oven under bench oven with 900mm hotplate above. Simply because they are now very economical and 900mm still has a bit of a luxury feel and can still cook a lot

Thanks for all of your feedback.
How come you need 2 ovens? Do a lot of cooking for a big family? I've never seen this before. I do live in the dark ages though :)
Another thing I like about the tower is the microwave space above the oven rather than under a bench.(or on a bench!)

Thanks for all of your feedback.
How come you need 2 ovens? Do a lot of cooking for a big family? I've never seen this before. I do live in the dark ages though :)
Another thing I like about the tower is the microwave space above the oven rather than under a bench.(or on a bench!)

What I'm going to get is a 600mm oven then a combi 45ltr microwave/convection that goes on top. That way it takes up no more than a stack of microwave and oven but I can cook more at once when I need to.

What I'm going to get is a 600mm oven then a combi 45ltr microwave/convection that goes on top. That way it takes up no more than a stack of microwave and oven but I can cook more at once when I need to.

Parents have this in their home, very effective especially when combined with a double draw below for pots and pans.

Take care with warrant from electrolux

Hi I had recently self installed a Westinghouse wall oven which after install noticed two defects 1)a sticky RHS grill runner and a small nick out of edge of lower rhs cnr of grill door which is glass. Electrolux said that as I did the install it voids warranty. Note that the user manual is not clear on this nor was advised by my retailer that warranties are only valid if installed by an accredited person.
Electrolux very inflexible and would not acknowledge that product was defective on delivery

Last edited:
I've installed an oven tower in the last two kitchen's I've renovated ... and wouldn't go back to underbench by choice. Installing a 900 would be easy - it's just a case of getting different sized cabinetry around around it.

I do insist on a separate oven/grill setup - so that I can use both at once - and they're harder to find nowadays.

I have a Bosch double oven, double ovens are IMO worth their weight in gold. Bake in the lower oven, grill in the top one. Its only 600mm in width but I love it :D

Great I will investigate this option. Thanks

Talk to your cabinet maker and see if he can get you a good package deal on appliances. Smeg, Bosch, Asko etc are all throwing packages to builders/cabinet makers for ridiculous prices to get market share. And I'm talking WAY below what they sell in Hardly Normal

Got a wall mounted double stack.

One broke (came with the house so probably 40 years old) but got one spare, so good.... :D

The Y-man

I think wall ovens look really old fashioned, something you'd expect to see in a 70-80's kitchen. The last few kitchens I've done, I removed the wall oven and put in an under bench oven with separate cooktop above it. I think most women prefer this set up as it gives more storage space without that extra cabinet.

Back