Who pays, tenant or landlord?

Net Lawman ltd - Our goal is to provide best quality, cost effective, easily accessible legal services to the World. We provides best collection of Australia legal documents in plain English on the Internet.

If that's your best quality plain English that you believe will takeover the world then I'd suggest you need to employ another proof reader.

Rooster

For all those budding WA Landlord's, please make sure you check the RTA for the real facts, because what is quoted above is pure nonsense.

Is this correct ?

4 weeks rent
Unlimited if the weekly rent is over $500 or owner was living in premises for previous 3 months
$100 extra can be charged if tenant has cat or dog to cover fumigation

Thanks for so much response ! I gotta pay $506. The rent was increased $15 a week recently, don't think it's kicked in yet. The glass almost wipes out the increase if taken over a year. This teaches me not to be too nice with rents, the tenant usually leaves when it suits them, claims when it suits them, etc etc. The theory of charging a bit under value should only apply when the relationship is already established .
When it's time for a rent increase, they on monthly tenancy, I go for the juggler!

Is this correct ?

4 weeks rent
Unlimited if the weekly rent is over $500 or owner was living in premises for previous 3 months
$100 extra can be charged if tenant has cat or dog to cover fumigation

Yes mate, it is. The RTA actually states "over the specified amount" for when charging unlimited bond amount.

One call to DOCEP will confirm what they deem to be the "specified amount". Last time I checked it was $ 500 pw.....which 3/4 of Perth is probably now above.

I just had this very conversation with an agent who claims to be the coveted winner of the PM of the Year for 2010 here in WA, and she said it was 4 weeks ?? I said no way, she did some digging and came back and apologised. We are now charging 6 weeks bond, plus 2 weeks in advance.

Sometimes you just need to read very carefully. Most don't.

Yes mate, it is. The RTA actually states "over the specified amount" for when charging unlimited bond amount.

One call to DOCEP will confirm what they deem to be the "specified amount". Last time I checked it was $ 500 pw.....which 3/4 of Perth is probably now above.

I just had this very conversation with an agent who claims to be the coveted winner of the PM of the Year for 2010 here in WA, and she said it was 4 weeks ?? I said no way, she did some digging and came back and apologised. We are now charging 6 weeks bond, plus 2 weeks in advance.

Sometimes you just need to read very carefully. Most don't.

Also interesting was this part:

Back