Who pays the tenant or the property manager

:mad:We are a cleaning company who had to come back to a tenants house as the property manager wanted the walls and windows washed (this was quoted on originally). After getting instructions from the property manager on what we needed to do we then called the tenant and said the walls and windows needed to cleaned for you to get your full bond back. The tenant grumbled but agreed to it.

After we finished the job the property manager came back. She was very pleased with the job and said the tenant will now get his bond back, she also said that if we have any trouble getting payment from the tenant that we could call her and get it from the bond money before it goes to the tenant.

After a week no luck getting the money from the tenant. We call the realestate agent and she is now saying that she never said we could take the money from the bond and that I need to get it from the tenant.

Should I sent an invoice to the property manager for them to pay based on them instructing me to do extra work for them or should I send this debt to a collection agency to follow up for payment from the tenant.

It should be the tenant's responsibility... but the property manager should not have released the full bond back before the property was cleaned up and 'made good'.

who contracted you?

who'ever contracted you has to pay, the bond issues have nothing to do with you.

if the agent got you to the cleaning then the agent (on behalf of the owner) is responsible. get them into the tribunal.

I think the PM should have organised to pay it and deducted it from either the bond or the landlord.
You need to go up to the manager of the agency to get your money back... The PM asked you to do the job, you should get paid for it.

who contracted you?

who'ever contracted you has to pay, the bond issues have nothing to do with you.

if the agent got you to the cleaning then the agent (on behalf of the owner) is responsible. get them into the tribunal.

Agreed.
The person who contracted you, and who you gave the quote to, is responsible.

It was the tenant that contracted me for the first clean. Then the tenant called and said the real estate company needs us to come back and clean out one cubboard in the kitchen and try and remove some marks off the wardrobe with our cleaning chemicals. We did the fix ups at the same time the Real Estate company wanted us to then clean walls and windows, we gave the Real Estate company a quote and the tenant a quote and gained the tenants agreement.

I will follow up with him (tenant) once more for payment and failing that will organise a debt collector. Its not the amount that bothers me (it wont send us broke) its the fact we spent 7 hours cleaning the property getting it back to fit state to live in.

Writing, all correspondence should be in writing.
Harder to back out on your word when its written down

Back