Why Abbott could lose the ‘unloseable’ election

Bwahahaha, you are identical to Evan. Just follow a different brand.

It's like having the son of a Holden fan and the son of a Ford fan bellowing at each other across the playground.

Not really. I have voted Labor in the past. Had done for the majority of my adult life. My state and federal member are both Labor.

The woman will make me vote Liberal without a second thought, even this far out from an election.

Nothing she can say or do from now onwards will change that.

This is not saying that Abbott will do any better, it's just that in my view, the Labor government has bumbled along for now 5 years and I have no trust or confidence in Juliar.

Eventually, a piece of all this mudraking will stick, she'll be given the flick and the Australian people will have another "non-elected" PM in the space of 5 years.

Again, this is not what the Australian people deserve.

I said its before they were turned off the LNP by Newmans cutting and that will translate to federal results. Well, at least you say so.

The claim is in the (recent) poll results, im not making it, its obvious.

It wasn't a poll....it was a state wide election, where the Labor Party got thrashed so badly that it no longer has the right to call itself a party.

Did you miss it ??

You have absolutely no basis whatsoever to make this claim. The people (all the people) spoke very clearly in March 2012.

Time to sit down and have a rest Evand. Qlders only change out Govt's every 20 years or so. See you in 2032.

I'm thinking of renaming this thread "Why Abbott will lose the ‘unloseable’ election"

Not really. I have voted Labor in the past. Had done for the majority of my adult life. My state and federal member are both Labor.

The woman will make me vote Liberal without a second thought, even this far out from an election.

Nothing she can say or do from now onwards will change that.

This is not saying that Abbott will do any better, it's just that in my view, the Labor government has bumbled along for now 5 years and I have no trust or confidence in Juliar.

Eventually, a piece of all this mudraking will stick, she'll be given the flick and the Australian people will have another "non-elected" PM in the space of 5 years.

Fair enough.

I don't trust any of the current lot in leadership.

At least with Rudd he promised something. Both Abbott and Gillard are completely uninspiring. And the policies are also uninspiring.

It's just the same short sighted I will do anything to get power in the short term and screw the future attitude from both of them.

Thats before the effects of Newman - Bjeke Petersens conservative govt has truly bitten. They are turned off the LNP big time up there.
Always takes longer to clean up the mess left from Labors sideshow,but anyone i talk too are quite happy with what LNP have done so far..

Last edited:
I said its before they were turned off the LNP by Newmans cutting and that will translate to federal results. Well, at least you say so.

The only people I have spoken to that are dissatisfied are the public servants who are under fire. Everyone else recognizes that he is doing what he was elected to do.

One can argue about the size of the Qld state debt that Labor left. Some say 65 billion, some say 95 billion. In any case, the state has been totally mismanaged by the union officials who were in charge and it's going to a very very painful road to recovery for all Qlders.

Dazz, I really think you're missing your calling and should run for parliament. You've very skilfully made the ignorant reader believe the debt is 95b, when in fact it was 65b, without actually telling a porky. I can only fault you that you didn't waive around 100b.

Imagine what you could achieve with a PR team??

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ory-e6freon6-1226454845995?from=trendinglinks

Do you think 65 bill is "acceptable" Ed? The Qld electorate obviously doesn't because Newman has not slipped much in the polls. We must be intelligent enough to recognize "Greek disease" when we see it and not to want to go there.

In the absence of the ability to print money, states have to correct things the old fashioned way - austerity!

Do you think 65 bill is "acceptable" Ed? The Qld electorate obviously doesn't because Newman has not slipped much in the polls. We must be intelligent enough to recognize "Greek disease" when we see it and not to want to go there.

In the absence of the ability to print money, states have to correct things the old fashioned way - austerity!

Agree, that is what they had to do in Vic in 1990s when Cain Labor left the place with $49BN in debt.

This took eight years to pay off including the State Bank of Vic being sold off, schools closed, council amalgamated, etc..

Painful but needed and most was reform. There are no simple solutions.

QLD needs the same medicine.

Regards, Peter 14.7

It's a lot more acceptable than 100b!

I have not looked at the QLD state debt against GDP, GNP or other measures to determine if it is 'large'. I suspect it is 'acceptable' if doesn't rise much. to determine an outcome, I would like to see other metrics in time.

You seem to understand that state/sovereign debt is different to personal debt. many don't understand this.

If 65 bill is acceptable for a state, the Commonwealth should be OK with MANY times that, with their ability to tax and print money etc.

What's the federal debt that is so unacceptable to the voters now? Somewhere between 65 and 100 I believe. [but could be wrong, who knows?]

You've very skilfully made the ignorant reader believe the debt is 95b, when in fact it was 65b, without actually telling a porky. I can only fault you that you didn't waive around 100b.

Charming Ed, you call everyone reading this ignorant, then reckon everyone else is lying when discussing how big the ****pile is that Labor left the entire State in....

As I said before, does it really matter.....Labor seem to mismanage things so grossly, that 65 Billion is so massive that most people simply shrug their shoulders and give up.

Qld is snookered because of what Labor has done up there in the past 20 years.....the medicine is going to be very painful indeed.

Your only contribution is to link some report that has the LNP representatives apologising and saying sorry, the guys who've been brought it to clean Labor's mess up. Are you for real ??

Where are the Labor guys who created the mess ?? Gone mate, never to be seen again. Run off. The schmozzle has finished, they've left a huge mess and they just walk away. Typical.

Union stooges in Labor have never had experience running businesses, yet folks reckon they can handle Govt.....does the result ever really surprise anyone ??

Imagine what you could achieve with a PR team??

Hah !! PR teams, they are more than half the trouble. Spin doctors.

That's the trouble with most politicians, they hide behind these clowns and speak goobledegook and the Aussies all know they are full of it.

----------

Hey Ed, big tip mate, concentrate on the problem, the huge 65 Billion pile of debt mate that Labor racked up.....it's gonna hurt either way.

Where are the Labor guys who created the mess ?? Gone mate, never to be seen again. Run off. The schmozzle has finished, they've left a huge mess and they just walk away. Typical.

NO they walk away with tax payer funded SUPER super schemes, cars & travel allowances, and mates deals for those they helped over the years.

Excellant post , Dazz, as usual.

Peter 14.7

Leigh Sales was apoplectic during that interview. Abbott was on a hiding to nothing: Cop it or feed the story that he hates women. You couldn't blame him after that disgraceful performance by Sales.

Lefties can no longer deny ABC bias.

Leigh Sales was apoplectic during that interview. Abbott was on a hiding to nothing: Cop it or feed the story that he hates women. You couldn't blame him after that disgraceful performance by Sales.

Lefties can no longer deny ABC bias.

Like cash for comments, political reporters/presenters should have to disclose who they side with.

Thanks buzz - hadn't seen that.

The overall impression I received from that 12 minute spiel was that I am yet to see a ruder interviewer than Leigh. Staggerringly rude.

I don't recall one answer of Tony's not being impertinently interrupted.

Is Leigh just about set to do a Maxine McKew, and go from ABC interviewer to Labor politician ?? It sure looked like it.

I know what I'd do if some trumped up journo behaved like that.

Back