Why didnt Peter Spann recommend Cash?

crc, at the end of the day, it is probably better that Peter charge more for his advice.

The more he gets it wrong, the quicker and stronger clients will turn against him.... and the more dumb money there'll be for the rest of us.

The more he gets it right, well, good for him, good for his clients.

I've always been partial to:

"So because thou art lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spew thee out of my mouth."

Peter is not lukewarm. And neither are you.

jagmcmanus, thats the point I'm trying to make... Its not just Peter Spann I'm having a go at, its all these so called 'experts'. People look to them for 'advise' and they get paid for it in a very handsome way.. yet their predictions are worthless.

If any other profession got it so wrong, they would be fired.

At least I'll give credit to Mr Spann, he is encouraging people to invest, through good and bad times, and I guess this message is a good one.

I understand what you are saying.

I guess its the same with anything, let the buyer beware, take it with a grain of salt etc.

If you take it to the next level, and look at the (soon to be) 1 trillion dollar bail out of the US banks, some would argue that the US banks are being rewarded for bad lending practices (among other things).

Worst is the individuals being rewarded like the head of Fannie May, Daniel Mudd, rec'd a 10M payout when he got fired last month, his equal at Freddie Mac, Richard Syron rec'd the same.

The head of Lehman brothers rec'd 35M in 2006 and 22M in 2007. 2007 was the year 1000's of people lost their jobs at Lehman. Ouch.

All the other banks have similar stories. Why should a countries citizens that have no say in how the country is run (besides the mock elections that get run in the US!) pay the bill when the very people who mismanaged in the first place get away not only scot free but with mega payouts.

Apparently the AIG boss turned down a 22m severance package. Good on him!

Now I am way off topic,

I guess bottom line is, question every proffesion. I have an advanced degenerative disease and if I listened to every doctor I would probably be a lot worse by now!

I research each new therapy or medication and look at published studies. any term I don't know I google or reference in MIMS, so when I speak to my doc I have better knowledge. Same with investing I guess.

I heeded Peters warning at the BIG meeting ages ago about rising interest rates.
I didn't fix my rates, I cut my debt and came out well.

Now he says to watch for the quality bargains in shares and don't go nuts, just pick a few up from time to time as finances allow. Rather like Jan Somers says to do with property.

This I have been doing.

An unfortunate side affect to putting money in the bank is it earns interest, which is added to your taxable income and you get to pay more tax. Its a viscious circle really. :)

An unfortunate side affect to putting money in the bank is it earns interest, which is added to your taxable income and you get to pay more tax. Its a viscious circle really. :)

whether realized capital gains or yield or dividends or interest, the more you make, the more tax you pay. I'd rather pay the tax on an income of 300k pa than 30k pa....

You need to get yourself a negatively geared property :D:p

Works well if you have wages to live on, not such a great idea when you are retired and you are living purely on the investments. Given time, the investments should grow faster than inflation, then there might be some fat to buy negative investments, or my standard of living might just get bigger and better. :D

Back