Will I never learn?

[My husband] says he cannot understand people who catch a bus with the same group of people every day, but who never acknowledge each other, or say hello, so he makes the effort.

Anyone remember a Seinfeld episode where all of the residents in Jerry's apartment building decide they're all going to post their name and photo on the notice board in the lobby? Everyone ends up being friendly and saying hello to each other, but Jerry's the only one who's unhappy with it all. Hilarity ensues.

Looks are everything. We often get told we don't look like we come from where we live (12 years in Adelaide for me and 27 years in Adelaide for the other half apparently does leave a lasting effect). But if I get a month overdue for a haircut (or wear a beanie), lose the glasses, find some tight black jeans, uggboots and a flannie and charcoal out a tooth I fit right in :D

Of the two of us, I always do the talking. The other half lived a nocturnal life in his mother's basement until I spirited him away, and now he lives in *my* basement. Noone around here seems to mind or tries to talk to him instead of me, even the burly bloke who runs the hardware store knows who has the purse strings. But he does attract comments if he wears his ponytail too high or has the baby's dummy in his mouth (by the handle!) instead of hers. They're a friendly bunch in the country.

In case it ain't obvious by this thread, women will whinge & complain about a single instance for years at any chance they get.
Men just tend to ignore that crap, and move on.

In case it ain't obvious by this thread, women will whinge & complain about a single instance for years at any chance they get.
Men just tend to ignore that crap, and move on.

Ha, ha, ha. Ohhhh.... I don't think so. I think you need to read a few more threads where some men's bias shows up quite clearly :p

perth trains suck don't they?

there's no small town feel here - regardless of what the spin would have you believe.

you could drop dead in the trainstation and i swear people would step right over you, and that seedy looking group in the corner would steal your wallet while you bled.

i thought people talked more in melbourne than here... there were strangers chatting on trams and at bus stops. i was shocked!

perth trains suck don't they?

there's no small town feel here - regardless of what the spin would have you believe.

you could drop dead in the trainstation and i swear people would step right over you, and that seedy looking group in the corner would steal your wallet while you bled.

i thought people talked more in melbourne than here... there were strangers chatting on trams and at bus stops. i was shocked!

Yes I agree I come from Melbourne and shopping is a much friendlier pass time.
I hate shopping here (Perth) no one talks to you and they not really good when you try to bid down a price. They are getting better... and it's harder to make friends....

I was a lot more out going and a little more avant-garde with my dressing when I lived in Melourne, I have had to tone it down here and be a little more subdued. I used to get really funny looks......

Sales settlement day $$

I luv when a settlement for a sale comes thru.

You rock down to the local bank wearing your worst stubbies and ripped T shirt. Hassle the poo out of bank staff for account balances = $25. Last cheque deposited $12*25 Then as they start telling you that you should get your balances from the redi-teller outside you slam a couple of cheques on the counter to deposit into your account. Next thing the manager is over there wanting to invite you in for coffee:D

Ahh see I always thought the poor treatment was because I am a young woman, but by the sounds of it all women have the same thing.

Funnily enough, I didn't feel like I was being treated poorly buying houses or my car. In fact, I remember most real estate agents being particularly kind when I showed up to open homes on my own as an 18 year old. But buying appliances :mad:

Back