Will men change after married ?

Don't worry about it JC, Monopoly and I won't need this forum soon, we're practicing telepathy.

Traveled only through double X chromosomes.

Thanks for everyone's comments here ..i am so busy these days...:)

Update --Today I tried my wedding dress on..it is super long and kind of big...mmm...I am not very happy...will get married in two weeks...so nervousssssssssssssss now !!! :cool:

I really want to look beautiful in my wedding day !!!!!!!!!!!! how can i do with my wedding dress....:( poor me !

It must have always been too long, because you cannot have shrunk, but I lost weight before my wedding with all the stress.

Stop stressing. Get the dress to a dressmaker to be taken up and taken in :).

You just got engaged and you're getting married in 2 weeks? Isn't there a month wait just for the license?

When someone joins the forum, and their only posts are about marraige, I think you have to assume that not all is quite as it seems.
Watch out, troll about!

back to the original topic in case anyone is interested and it doesnt look like anyone is

dr phil says for a good marriage you need 2 things

a solid basis of friendship

and that it fulfils the needs of both people.

He also talks alot about negotiating needs

but has also said that 70% of issues arent resolved and i guess you just negotiate the best deal you can or accept it or something.

But he also says that if you know what a person is like before they are married and you dont like it
then then DONT marry them.

I dont know if many change

but the way dr phil presents his show
he shows a whole history of the undesireable beahvior in such a way that it seems to get people who wouldnt change to change. but not everyone manages to get on the show so possibly usually people may not change much.

back to the original topic in case anyone is interested and it doesnt look like anyone is

dr phil says for a good marriage you need 2 things

a solid basis of friendship

and that it fulfils the needs of both people.

He also talks alot about negotiating needs

but has also said that 70% of issues arent resolved and i guess you just negotiate the best deal you can or accept it or something.

But he also says that if you know what a person is like before they are married and you dont like it
then then DONT marry them.

I dont know if many change

but the way dr phil presents his show
he shows a whole history of the undesireable beahvior in such a way that it seems to get people who wouldnt change to change. but not everyone manages to get on the show so possibly usually people may not change much.
You're not serious are you?

If you watch Dr Phil and think there's any merit in his work, let alone the show, you need to get out from in front of the telly and take in some serious sunshine, sunshine!!

When someone joins the forum, and their only posts are about marraige, I think you have to assume that not all is quite as it seems.
Watch out, troll about!
My first thought was actually they got lost or are a misguided soul and SS for some reason ranks higher on Google for marital issues than Australian property investment.

There's much better topics to troll on than marriage, on a forum with a fair proportion of happily married old coots :D

I couldn't have said it better myself.

I ve only watched about 5 episodes of DR phil, and I can understand the above comment, hwoever, I believe its not all crap

there was one commet that he said that I thought WOW, thats so true

his comment was in relation an episode about parenting,

"the worst thing you could say to a young child is "son/daughter, you are my number 1"

the basic reasons in a nutshell for this was that it gives the child a false sense of secruity and reality, they will grow up in to the workforce, and expect to be number 1 at everything they touch, and when it doesn't happen they simply cannot handle the real world.

This was in regards to another comment from a guest on the show that went along the lines of
"oh my 5 year old daughter didnt win the school raffle and she is upset about it, should I set up a mock raffle at home and rig it so that she wins the prize"?

This was in regards to another comment from a guest on the show that went along the lines of
"oh my 5 year old daughter didnt win the school raffle and she is upset about it, should I set up a mock raffle at home and rig it so that she wins the prize"?

:eek: Are people really like this? Naaah,... she must have been a stooge actor surely???

:eek: Are people really like this? Naaah,... she must have been a stooge actor surely???

no, that was the 2nd time I had heard that in my life

also, this is from a personal experience,

wealthy mother has 2 daughters, one is 20, one is 15,

20 year old was a bit of handful going through school, settled down, got a good hsc score, got into a good uni

15 year old who looks 20, has been suspended from one of the top private schools in the state numerous times, runs away from home, drinks in her room, smokes, goes out with 18 yr old boys, picks fights, got a stinky attitude, now has the following in an attempt by her mother to keep her happy
- rennovate her room
- a horse
- a ghd hair straightner
- laptop
- latest ipod
- the promise of a car at 18
- the latest sports fashion clothes/equipment for the 1-2 sports she does
- heaps of medication for bad temper/attitude/ADD

and to top it off, mother reckons her daughter is a genious, she explained to me why but at the time I thought, how ridiculous.
and we got onto the topic of schools, and it was brought up that she should try and go for those selective entry schools that have an entrance examination to which her response was, "oh im not going to let her go for the exam because in case she doesnt get accepted, she won't be able to handle the rejection:eek::eek::eek:

Geez ... I actually *do* have a bright spark on my hands here, my attitude to poncy private schools goes something along the lines of hey, lets try out for the scholarships based on aptitude that they have for country students for their boarding school. You get in, that's nice, you don't, well stay at the same school as your friends. Too easy. Spose I should start looking into those, too ... she's getting older ...

She won virtually every competition she entered when she was pre year 3. She was disappointed when she got older and stopped winning them. She got over it. Unsurprisingly, it is very hard to win competitions where they are just open to 'all students' and don't have age restrictions, she still gets in the top umpteen with the age banded ones but hasn't won for a while. I'm talking art/writing here though. And she doesn't get help beyond spellchecking.

Back