Wine online

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good wine supplier who caters for online orders?

I don't wish to join a wine club and have 2 dozen assorteds sent every 6mths whether I want them or not. I don't like to frequent bottle shops or bars to get my supplies. I would just like to order a dozen, on line, every so often and have them delivered to my door.

My supplies, which hubby brought home a year ago when he did a relief work at Stanthorpe, are currently getting very low and I'm almost out of red. I still have some whites but I don't like white much. :)

Hi Brenda

We use www.getwinesdirect.com a lot - they have labeled wines and cleanskins from all around Australia and the prices are really good. We never pay more than $10 per bottle for wines worth $20+. You can cross-check the retail price quoted on getwines direct on http://www.wine-searcher.com/ to make sure we get the good deals. Often you get a free case of cleanskin with some offers, meaning you pay less than $5 for a bottle of nice wine.

They also have free return policy which works well. We had one case of cleanskin we hated and one case of corked wine and no problem returning it and getting a replacement case (or your money back - but that's not an option for us :D )

Stock is usually excess stock from wineries, crashed export contracts and by now real buying power of getwinesdirect. The service is quick (1-2 weeks) and they use australia post for delivery which means it's held in my local post office if I'm not there to accept delivery (otherwise you can click options of where to leave the cases (ie. on veranda, under house etc.)).

Oh and by the way I'm not in any way connected to the company, just addicted :D

kaf

I know what you mean. I never liked wine before, but I like the reds nowadays, yum. :)

Yes, I'm a big fan of reds too - and they are so good for you ;). What kind of reds do you like? I have another taster case sitting at the post office waiting to be picked up. We usually buy a taster of 12 wines that looked good on the net, try them and then go back to buy cases of the wines we like. So it's all part of serious research into saving money :D

kaf

I haven't really sampled a lot of different wines.

I have ordered 1doz of Hardys Private Bin Cabernet Blend @ 8.95 ea. and they are sending me a bonus dozen SE Aust. Cab/Sauv Cleanskins (what ever they are), for free! The write up on the wine sounded nice and I think there was even a mention of chocolate added in the blend. Just right for Easter.

Now, I just have to patiently wait for delivery. :)

Back