Wolli Creek NSW

WHat is this area like?

I am looking to buy an apartment around this area, or Rhodes. But Wolli is cheaper than Rhodes.

Wolli Creek 2205
According to Residex, only 22 units sold there in 2005 with a current median value of $409 000.
Capital growth last yr of -2.15% Last 10 yrs average cg of 10.37% (units)
Mind you, I tend to take low sales figures cautiously. Sample isn't large enough to make a decision based on stats alone.

What exactly are you looking at buying?

Hi Jacque,

I saw some very nice brand new apartments on realestate.com.au there. And surprisingly the price is somewhat cheaper or comparable to a Multiplex new development in Hurstville.

Wolli Creek is much nearer to the city too..
BUt i am not sure about facilities, or any shops in Wolli Creek.

In Hurstville, the Multiplex one is very near to Westfield.

My dad bought an apartment in Wolli Creek, and he is hopeless with money so you should probably buy elsewhere! ;)

Naah it's not too bad. It's near the Airport (which is only going to get bigger as it becomes a retail hub), near the Princes Highway, got a train station.

It's never been a glamour area but it is handy to the major facilities.

Rhodes is a nicer area though Homebush Bay is toxic (dioxin).

I used to work at HP at Rhodes and I almost bought an apartment in the Rhodes Waterside development before the shopping centre was built. Price was about 350K in 2001, which I couldn't afford. Kicking my self now though..

Wolli Creek is close to the City and airport, but there really isn't alot there except new units and a few old factories... I personally think you could do better

There are several blocks of appartments under constructions currently at Wolli Creek. I believe that there will be more to come as there are a few sites that look like starting up.

I would be weary of oversupply in there. It's a new area not well known yet. You need to do your research in terms of new developments planned there and rental demand.

Cheers,

I am considering either Wolli Creek or HUrstville, as the apartments there are quite high quality.

Does anyone know anywhere else has nice new apartments that is about the same price? $300k - $450k

Just off the top of my head

Caringbah
Sutherland (Most of the Sutherland Shire actually, but further from the City)
Hornsby
Waitara
Kogarah and surrounds

300k to 450K is about the median price for appartments in Sydney.

You can find them in most suburbs except the most expensive ones like the north shore and the eastern suburbs.

Happy hunting,

Cheers,

Just bringing this old thread back to life - any additional thoughts on Wolli Creek a couple of years down the track, considering many neighbouring suburbs are going through 'gentrification' or similar (Arncliffe, Sydenham/Tempe, Marrickville).

Still not a lot of shops, schools/childcare facilitles there etc, primarily still light/medium industrial, but have heard that a Coles may be on the cards in the future, who knows when? Prices haven't moved much in the last 3 years or so, but being such a new suburb, how would one (try to) predict the future of suburbs such as this one? Access to the city? Transport links? Access to nature (river and parks)?

Thoughts on the future of Wolli Creek?

Yeah, that shopping still hasn't materialised. And some of those buildings are looking pretty tatty - lots of tenants. The landscaping around the whole area has improved, though. And the indoor go-cart track is still operating, I think.
As for the creek itself, I wouldn't put my toes in it.
Scott

Its a weird place, its a new suburb where lots of the lands look very baren and industral like, it doesn't have much utilities apart from the train station. Yet the density of the apartments are quite incredible, I feel like being in HK when walking on the main street, hardly much sunlight gets in. I would prefer Hurstville over Wolli creek for now

hi
this area is a very spec area.
you need to understand the history of why they can't build there and then work out if you should buy into the area.
I am out of arncliffe because I couldn't get clear title on my site but the area is still a good area to buy into.
its near the airport.
it has one stop to the city.
and is close to a sandy beach and has a whalf to drop the boat in
even if it is the cook river you can get out to sea from there.
rentals are ok and have not corrected and because of supply I don't see them dropping.
there is alot of da sites but in reality they can't come on to the market.
so its like a yard glass lots at the base but not much that can come out
the problem is if they all come out at once.
well for me that just not going to happen.
I like that area and I think that if they can change a few things within council that it will work but I see it not going to happen soon.
as long as it doesn't
you will have lots of da site but no construction.
I have moved to the other side of the airport to mascot because this area is a basket case.
and not alot that I can do.
I have 5 sites on my desk and not one can get to construct so presales I would check with the sunset clause and can they construct because alot can't.
the area is a mixed bag of commmunities ad I think that one day it will be a very good suburb trouble is that alot of people are losing alot of money in the mean time.
from a cost to rental point of view I think its not expo but there alot around that are better and then again i would not invest in rhodes either but thats just me.
wish you well.
if you pm me I will give you more info if you wish

Back