Word and Post limits on threads?

Hello all,
Is there a quota or limit on the amount that one member can post on a particular thread? For example, the total posts by one person needs to be less than 50% of the total number of posts in a thread, or the total number of words needs to be 50% less?

If not, is it possible to set something like this up?

There are some members (one in particular but I wont mention names) who post an inordinate amount of text and a high number of posts in threads they are involved with. Whilst I have no particular problem with the content of the posts, the volume and continued questioning of people with different opinions is actually quite intimidating.

OK, I might be a bit overly sensitive on the intimidation point, but some threads are simply overwhelmed by some posters.

So what I am proposing is a 50% cap on number of posts and total number of words in a thread.

What about some of the great threads where investors have given details of their stories (Brenda Irwin comes to mind)? I propose that this limit applies to posts started by a different person. Therefore if someone want to keep a watching brief on RBA announcements or the price of lentils in inner Melbourne, or explain their latest reno, they can do this without triggering the limit because they were the initial poster.

Any thoughts?

Cheers

TheBacon

TB, Why dont you just set this person up on your 'Ignore list' so their posts dont get displayed?

p.s I hope you can see this ;)

p.s I hope you can see this ;)

Who said that?

I have one person on my ignore list so far and only because they like to abuse people outright. The member in question here is not abusive, just seems to over-run threads with lots of words and posts...

A solution apart from ignore would be good because some of the information is quite good. Its the quantity not the quality that is overwhelming...

Mods?

i don't have that person on ignore - but i don't read their posts (just scroll past them) because i find it too hard on my lil ole brain to try and decipher what they are saying ... and get the pertinent points from those replying.

eeeerrrrr - hope you can see this. :D

If it is the same person I am thinking of, I do the same as Lizzie. One in particular that I never bother to read a word of what they say. My head hurts the moment I see their moniker.

LOL,
OK - for those who replied (and arent on my ignore list), I think you are right. I might just ignore some people the old-fashioned / manual way and skip/skim over their posts.

Cheers

TB

I hope its not me...I'm always trying to be short and, on most occasions, funny...:cool:, yet trying to maintain a sense of insightful intelligent postings..:)

Back