www.nathanbirch.com.au

Hey everyone,

I know a few have been asking me about my site. It has just gone live as a draft. Just wondering what everyones feedback is of the layout? It will be fully functional as of 1/12/2009.

www.nathanbirch.com.au

My thoughts is my web designer has done a great job, just need to get all the content inserted to it and the nifty functions set up with tutorials, and video streaming, etc...

Constructive critisism is welcome :)

Nath.

Great start Nath ! I like the black and blue combination in colours.
Will be better once all the tabs are up and running.

Well done and Good luck !

This site will be an educational site, and will provide tutotrials on negotiations, property trading, and general coaching. Also will have a hard cover book coming in 2010.

Will be other aspects of the site once fully functional and will be pretty unique.

As for too much crap about myself, thats cool... just is profile about myself not about any sales pitches or spruiking of services etc. There is no angle from me, its there mearly there for others benifits once set up. Will have newsletters of relevant market news etc, with videos etc.

In brief, to quote an ex Queensland politician, 'I don't like it'.

The most valuable real estate on a website is the part 'above the fold' that people see without scrolling.

This is wasted through pictures that don't tell much (they don't look like 'bread and butter' properties to me!).

Spelling errors, jargon, long sentences and long words. All need fixing.

Avoid trite and cliche. 'If you love the journey you are living the dream'. What does this mean?

'Millionaire status'. Leave this out.

Too much of the site screams 'me me me'.

The entry page doesn't have any summary of what you do/services offered, which should be its main point. Most visitors will only look at the front page and you've only got 2 seconds to hold their attention or they go away.

Hi Nathan,

When you say ''retired from the typical workforce'' at age 24, do you mean you no longer earn PAYE income?

When you say ''millionaire status", do you mean you got to a net worth (excluding PPOR) of $1MM by 21?

What sort of business model are you planning to use?

Thanks.

Hey Spider, Yep I was thinking of the above the fold.

With the properties on top, I was going to get these changed to housing commission and crappy old units to reflect the real properties i buy. This was just a template to get something up. I now think I should have got the whole thing right before putting anything up.

Hey JIT,

Typical workforce as in living life doing the things I am passionate about without the worry of money.

Yes this is correct was 21 with stutus of having in excess of $1million equity. All being self sufficient, and building my portfolio without any help from parents or anyone else. Most know my story here.

Thanks for the feedback, keep it coming through.

Yep,

As Spiderman has mentioned, the spelling errors and long sentence structures take away from the professionalism of the website.

I enjoy hearing your journey on this forum and can see passed the spelling errors on here. Unfortunately, i think potential clients will pick up on it straight away on first glance at the site.

All the best

Rooster

use the picture as a ghosted image and overlay the text.

other than that - the site is labelled nathanbirch - therefore, why shouldn't it scream MEMEMEME

Well done, Nathan. Your site looks great!

However, I think you might be ...back to school at 25 ... to fix up some of the expression in the text. "CONTANT US" was the first thing I noticed when I clicked onto your page. Fixing these things will increase people's confidence in you.

Good luck with it. Inspiration is mostly perspiration. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product.

I/we did not proof read it.

The spelling and grammar was just rectified, my web designer just went through this. It wasnt a typing error because we thought contact was meant to be spelt as contanct. lol

The site was filled up just before I made this post of the site.

hi all
can I say that the site looks to spiffy for me.
I like a site to tell me what it is
I want to buy a lemon not an orange thats paint yellow.
for me site needs to be in 4 forms
glitzy ( and this is what this looks like) ( and they are great for bra's, nail polish or even high net worth property and I take it that thats what I am looking at)
inform
so info packed heaps of info on a market
charts and in depth info.
forum
so disucssion on some thing
low key but lots of interactive movement.
education
most of the net
others are people
web pages
and thats what this is
does it look good refer 1
my question is simple
what are you trying to achieve
if its that warm fuzzy feeling that your on the net.
pay $5.00 for a hot dog
stand there and a dog will walk past eat the hot dog and give you the warm fuzzy filing as it pee's on your leg and its alot cheaper.
now don't use the buying of the hotdog as any form of investment advice as I can't organise the dog.
and by the way I can't get past the front page and the funny blue pool looks like some thing I would like to liquidate and turn into a theme park.
I do hope you well but know your market, your clients, what you are aiming at
and is this that.
if yes fine
I will take it on board
hope you well

Hi Nathan,

Good for you for living YOUR dream. Please take my following comments as just what they are: Comments.

I have to agree with Spiderman about :

'Millionaire status'. Leave this out.

I find this statement to sound naive and false.

the "typical" workforce
also screams out either a lack of maturity or lack of real life experience.

Investments sought are only those of extreme value, buying well under market, and ensuring risk is minimised, along with instant equity gains. All properties Nathan purchases are cash flow positive/neutral from day one to compliment lifestyle choices rather then burdening cash flow, leaving one limited with future acquisitions.

This whole paragraph is grammatically incorrect. Too many commas in this paragraph and the second sentence does not flow.

Perhaps try to simplify?

"Investments sought are only those of extreme value at the time of purchase. Nathan buys well under market value, ensuring risk is minimised and insuring instant equity gain. "

This is starting to sound better but as I am only trying to interpret what you are trying to relay I hope I am interpreting correctly! Can you expand on this and keep it simple?

Overall the site looks great. Really "alive" and clean.

Regards JO

Last edited:
well done nathen , lots of comments from others but its all positive feed back and i am sure its not personal, like your pool , lol :D

Back