Year of the Ox - Are you an Ox?

Chinese New year begins today.
It's the year of the Ox. A year of prosperity through hard work.
How many SSers were born in the year of the OX?
It will be interesting to see what happens in our investment and personal lives during "our year".
Things have already started well for me, so I'd be interested to hear the experiences of others.

I was born in the year of the ox.

I read somewhere that if you were born at night things would come to you without too much work as oxen sleep at night.

If born in the day you're destined to work hard throughout life.

I was born at night and work hard away from work :p.

So is this our lucky year?

Hiya,

I'm an ox, too. This is already shaping up to be a massive year for me, much excitement ahead.

But, then again, I say that every year :p

Bring it on!! :D

Cheers

James.

i guess i am an ox as well if you are james!

I was born at 8am - so its a long day of work ahead of me by the sounds of it :p

Hi, there're 4 oxen in my family, my father, sister, brother and his little son. They're all loved by everyone & are sunny and generous. My oxen sister and brother [12 years apart] are both high achievers and wealthy.

Ox sister said the other day that oxen this year 'chung tai sui' which means that their luck is in opposition to the God Tai Sui. My mother would go to the temple and do some Chinese voodoo to protect us. Last year I needed double protection!

I;m a dragon and yes, I act like one too.

The year of the pig is the best economically. Unfortunately, it's some time off till it comes round again. Next year is rat, then tiger [expect topsy turvy] the dragon, snake, horse, sheep.

So at least 6 more years.

Reason I'm writing this nonsense is I'm bored. Can't buy property & looks like I shouldn't buy shares yet either. Sitting on my thumbs is the hardest thing to do!

Have a good year, ox.
KY

I was born in 78, what does that make me? For some reason I seem to think I am a horse?? What does this mean?

Its really no different to reading the horoscopes in the Sunday paper is it?? All good fun anyway...:)

Cheers,
Nadia

I was born in 78, what does that make me? For some reason I seem to think I am a horse?? What does this mean?

Its really no different to reading the horoscopes in the Sunday paper is it?? All good fun anyway...:)

Cheers,
Nadia

If you are born in the Year of the Horse then you are amazingly hard working and very independent. Although you are intelligent and friendly, you can sometimes be a bit selfish. Careerwise you would make a good scientist or poet.

Famous people born in the Year Of The Horse:
Ian Cuthbertson, Robert Wagner, Rolf Harris, Helmit Kohl, Clint Eastwood,Barbara Streisand, John Thaw, Aretha Franklin

im the year of the tiger. Quite a few of the points in that link (handy andy) are soooooooooo right!! better send it to the gf to see if she agrees!

Its a funny thing isnt it? I have found my "western" horoscope Gemini to be more accurate than my Chinese one.

When I was about 18mths old my mother (for a bit of fun) had my horoscope written by some person who (apparently:rolleyes:) was expert in all there was to know about Star signs etc, using DOB, time of birth etc, and which planets were rising or whatever at the time of my birth. The 3 page typed document commented on all aspects of my future life, from personality to what sort of person I would marry, what career I would choose etc. It was put away for many, many years and didnt resurface til I was an adult, and amazingly it was actually quite accurate! Really was quite uncanny.

So while, I really believe it is mostly a load of bunkum (LOL - hows that for an Aussie word! :D), esp the crapola in the papers, maybe there is something in it??

Nadia

I'm a dog... Horoscope-wise that is. :D

First Link said:
People born in the Year of the Dog possess the best traits of human nature. They have a deep sense of loyalty, are honest, and inspire other people's confidence because they know how to keep secrets. But Dog People are somewhat selfish, terribly stubborn, and eccentric. They care little for wealth, yet somehow always seem to have money. They can be cold emotionally and sometimes distant at parties. They can find fault with many things and are noted for their sharp tongues. Dog people make good leaders. They are compatible with those born in the Years of the Horse, Tiger, and Rabbit.

My wife is a rabbit, so I guess that makes us a good match!!

Cheers,
Michael

People born in the Year of the Monkey are the erratic geniuses of the cycle. Clever, skillful, and flexible, they are remarkably inventive and original and can solve the most difficult problems with ease. There are few fields in which Monkey people wouldn't be successful but they have a disconcerting habit of being too agreeable.

They want to do things now, and if they cannot get started immediately, they become discouraged and sometimes leave their projects. Although good at making decisions, they tend to look down on others.

Having common sense, Monkey people have a deep desire for knowledge and have excellent memories. Monkey people are strong willed but their anger cools quickly. They are most compatible with the Dragon and Rat.

I am a monkey - but I never leave a work project unfinished, personal project is different as I am still trying to loss 10kgs and NOT put it back on.

My retirement goal is to loss the 10kgs for ever!

Regards
Sheryn

I'm a pig. In Australia many people believe pigs are fat and lazy, but in China that is not the case. Anyway, my BMI is 23.

Back