Yet another OT thread

Thought I'd start another one of these.

There's always something trivial, funny, interesting, boring even, that formites like to mention here but don't because it's OT or it needs it's own thread (but doesn't warrant it).

I personally like to hear what people are thinking or what's happening in their day to day life.

So here goes...

Power bill came in today and it's the lowest usage we've had in the last few years. Possibly the lowest in dollars in the last 4 (even after electricity hikes) :).

And...

Husband took our 'change' to the bank and it came to just under $900 ($900 is very heavy).

That's 2 pleasant surprises for one day.

Thought I'd start another one of these.

Husband took our 'change' to the bank and it came to just under $900 ($900 is very heavy).

That's 2 pleasant surprises for one day.

What was the dimensions of the change?

I had a tiny bowl about 10cm x 10cm 5cm that i thought had about $20 worth of coins, turns out it was just shy of $60

What was the dimensions of the change?

I had a tiny bowl about 10cm x 10cm 5cm that i thought had about $20 worth of coins, turns out it was just shy of $60

Ours was the size of a decent size salad bowl.

Lots of silver though because it's bulkier and it's the stuff you don't steal when after some change.

My son was home sick from school yesterday and vomited on the carpet last night when I wasn't home. My husband did his best to attempt to clean up, then when I got home I sprinkled water and bicarb soda on it . More spots appeared today that I obviously missed and it stunk!! After a couple more doses of water and bicarb soda, I think I may have got it. :) My daughter has just taken up AFL as a sport. She is 12. A year ago she seemed very disinterested in sport. Her decision has shocked me, yet it is really exciting to see her do something new!! I love it!

MY bag of change was only $310, but it included $50 of $5, and the rest of it was bagged. One of the downsides of being married to an ex-banker (yes, with a 'B') is that the change all gets bagged.

I've decided I will probably stick with my existing job, and not seek a new one.

Welcome to twitter/facebook on Somersoft....

I scratched my ear 5 mins ago, and read some pages of my book...had a coffee too.

nudge, friend request, 400 people liked/didn't like this......

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Our phone and internet goes off tomorrow and we move house tomorrow :D

Bedroom suite turned up today. 5 piece jarrah thing, weighs an absolute tonne. Funny thing is, being made from Australian hardwood and all, is that it was made in China. I guess that's why it took 4 months from ordering it to it being delivered.

It came in a lot of boxes, and I have absolutely no idea how we're going to get rid of all the packaging. Between that and boxed curtain rod sets and boxed curtains and boxed Ikea furniture we have enough plastic wrapping to fill a skip. And we don't have a skip.

I guess the bin is going to be chockers for a few weeks ...

House looks absofreakinlutely fantastic, if you don't look too closely at the mud outside, and the leftover underlay and plastic wrap we have down all over the place to try and hold back the mud.

Best faux pas of today ... other half with the fancy new bed and brand new mattress. "What are we going to do with ourselves with this bed?" *pause* "nope, I can think of some things"

Tomorrow night will be the first night in almost 14 months in a bedroom all by ourselves!

My son was home sick from school yesterday and vomited on the carpet last night when I wasn't home.

Oh no!

5 years ago - when junior was three - we'd just had new cream carpet laid thru out the house, getting it ready for sale. No prizes for guess who threw up rasberry cordial right in the middle of the lounge.

Had to get it patched - still looked obvious - put a rug over it.

Tried a new plumber today. $286 for 2 new taps plus reseat, 4 reseat and re washer, install cistern and remove old one. $140 parts and $120 labor.
Call out fee was $40!

Pleasant change.

Back