YorProsperity Super is dead - any alternatives?

$50K don't buy much property direct nowadays. Besides, it's the gearing which really adds to the attraction of property.

If I'd had the fund available two or three years ago, I could have bought a 1BR unit in QBN for $30K to $40K, returning about 11%.

As it turned out, that unit would now be worth $90K to $100K, returning 5% if I'd bought it now- perhaps close to 15% if I'd bought it then.

Ain't hindsight wonderful?

Originally posted by Aceyducey
Unless you buy the property outright with the super fund :)
I think you can do a JV where you use money borrowed not tied to the property like a LOC from your PPOR. Bit of a waste of capital and you can't use the CG but it may get you into the market.

You can also use 5% of your super to invest in units in a trust you control then you can borrow on your assets in the trust.

IMHO the rules suck :mad:

bundy

Originally posted by geoffw
Alan,

NAB and Woolworths- bought about three months ago.

I had traded both through up and down- selling high, then buying low- .............

I hope you recently picked up some WOW for under $11.00 ....... ;)

I know what you mean.....it's an interesting learning curve.

All the best Geoff.

:)

In the latest annual report for my Super fund (Australian Retirement Fund) they have a plan where you can trade shares within your fund. There are some restrictions like the companies have to be in the ASX100, you need a min. account balance of $10k and only 50% of your fund may be used.

Im not a big fan of super but its a great initiative and i'll certainly use it as i love the market and it can supplement my out of super share investing.

I suppose if people are interested they could roll their super to ARF and start investing directly.

http://www.arf.com.au/newasx100.asp

Originally posted by geoffw
My available time for research is limited. I'd prefer to research property. But I have this SMSF money which I cannot use for property- and I want to learn. So I'm still on a learning curve, which is likely to curve for a long time yet.

Your other option is to use a syndication. SMFS can invest in arms-length syndicates.

Regards

Paulzag
Dreamspinner

Zurich developed Assetlink

I had a call from a dealer for Assetlink. They are willing to give a full wrap with full access to ASX shares and large numbers of wholesale managed funds. Transactions will be similar to Your Prosperity and so will reference library. Cost may be slightly larger than Your Prosperity. I will check when I have received the documents.

The competing product is Wealth-e-account by Count. It will also have nil advisor fees (bronze service). Transaction process may be a bit primitive (mailing/hardcopies). Investment range may be smaller than Assetlink (if the rep is to be believed).

Sorry Paritech does not have a wrap service.

Back