you just won...

Keep working til it actually becomes available then catch a bus up to the lotteries commission to claim it, then walk to the Lamborghini dealership.

Won't do anything unusual. Work as usual. Go home and grab a beer, read somersoft. Can think what to do over the Christmas holidays :D

Oh, I never buy lotto.

I would.

1. 10m residential property
2. 25m commercial property
3. 5m shares
4. 5m family
5. 5m house,cars,boats,charity.

All rental income would be divided with my immediate family members.

I would.

1. 10m residential property
2. 25m commercial property
3. 5m shares
4. 5m family
5. 5m house,cars,boats,charity.

All rental income would be divided with my immediate family members.

What about play money, for other investments/business ventures?
Passive property/shares investment is very boring.
If you instantly had that much property, you would want to do more and more generally.
To do this, you need to have some play funds available.

Personally, my play funds would probably be 20 out of the 50 mil.

i'd donate a mill to the Syrian refugees. Some to the Philippines typhoon victims then go backpacking until I had my fill of travelling.

I'd put together a strategy to preserve and grow the wealth.

i'd buy commercial property, blue chip tenants only on long term leases.

i'd apportion a small amount for angel investing in startups for kicks (a small fund of say 2 mill to begin) and foster entrepreneurs getting started in Perth.

I would consider apportioning some to blue chip stocks for the long term and perhaps a small amount (<5%) in gold bullion.

Enter philanthropic mode -- deploying plenty of the windfall towards startups/businesses/ideas/products that could and/or would positively change the lives of others. The more people impacted, the better.

Naturally, I'd also invest in income producing assets to ensure I didn't run out of steam down the track.

Head straight to Rome and party outside Scotty's (Depreciator) apartment.
:D

Continue around the world, 1st class all the way for about a year or two then back to Australia to contemplate what to do next.

However, next would definitely involve some charity work among other things.

As I rarely buy tickets I don't speculate.

Before we discovered property investment lottery tickets were my wife's only form of retirement planning.

My dad list tens of thousands of dollars pursuing the dream, having been scammed by more than one of these phantom lottery scams. "You are already a winner...".

I buy for the chance, who knows, I'm a very lucky person :)

When I win... bigger everything :p
Bigger portfolio, bigger house (small house but big garden), bigger dog, bigger leg space in the plane. Told hubby that I will donate several grands to pet rescue if I win, and pay for a friend's big holiday.

I buy for the chance, who knows, I'm a very lucky person :)

When I win... bigger everything :p
Bigger portfolio, bigger house (small house but big garden), bigger dog, bigger leg space in the plane. Told hubby that I will donate several grands to pet rescue if I win, and pay for a friend's big holiday.

So its true size matters :)

Invest the lot in a conservative portfolio then travel the world looking for good causes to support.

I like this.

For those who donate first, you will be eroding your capital and your recipients may not make best use of funds if received in one lump sum.
Wouldn't it be better to feed them an ongoing cash support over time from your ever growing investment base?

Don't know.

I reckon it would be kind of depressing to win that much money. You would have nothing to be proud off because you basically got a free ticket to do whatever you please. Your life would have little purpose really. Imagine all the friends and relo's that would come out of the wood work looking for a cut too. :eek:

I would kind of be happier winning 1 million than 50 million. 1 million would help to acheive more but wouldn't turn you into some kind of lotto mutant.

Perhaps plug away at a few judicious decisions in the commercial property arena and you won't need to "dream of winning".

Perhaps investing and learning about the areas that you would eventually park your money in may be a far more guaranteed route of "winning".

Don't know.

I reckon it would be kind of depressing to win that much money. You would have nothing to be proud off because you basically got a free ticket to do whatever you please. Your life would have little purpose really. Imagine all the friends and relo's that would come out of the wood work looking for a cut too. :eek:

I would kind of be happier winning 1 million than 50 million. 1 million would help to acheive more but wouldn't turn you into some kind of lotto mutant.

Thought about this too... but winning $50M doesn't mean you can't do something meaningful with it no? You can make your own challenge of growing that $1M and leave the rest untouched

Back