you just won...

With 50m I'd buy entire suburb of Lethbridge Park and rename it Dattoville ...aahh buy a Lotto ticket and you are only buying a dream...aaah

Kathryn

This one is really nice...and the weather is a bit better than Ballarat:

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-vic-lower+plenty-115525219

Not far out of the CBD either

Chris

That's a nice one too :)

The reason I picked the Ballarat property was because it has 23 bedrooms.
I'd live on the top floor..and use the others as a rooming house.

Actually I pointed this property out a few days ago to a friend who was wanting to start investing.
I told him that this property could be paid off in 10 years, still have $4k a month for utilities, repairs and maintenace..and live rent free, on the third floor.
Of course that is based on full occupancy at $250 a week per room.

But hey..what do I know ...

tonight is the night fellas.

Just blew $2.40 for 2 games early this morning,,,lucky while I was walking this morning found about 4 dollars in the park on the side walk before the people with metal detectors go down for a look along the river..

Kathryn

I looked at the Ballarat one and thought "High Class Bed and Breakfast"

Tourists going up to Ballarat plus those driving through to Adelaide or Melbourne

As long as the rooms were warm, it would be a real success I think.

Chris

Buy Mum a place wherever she wants, buy sister a unit in Bondi and insist that the only "rent" she pays is paid in to an investment fund (so I can make sure she's saving :p). Probably ask some smarter people than me how I can help the community out.

Go on a big trip all over the shop, USA, Europe, Asia, Africa, hit them all up over the course of a year.

Buy a farm down in tasmania, buy another one on the south coast, one on the north coast (for dad) big enough to run 500 head of cattle. Hire some experienced people to run it for me and teach me how it all works. Get my plane license so I can commute between the three of them and my nice place in Glebe. Probably buy a nice little Golf and a nice big HiLux :D. Learn how to become a sparky, a plumber, a HVAC contractor, how to be a machinist, how to fix engines, get a personal chef to to teach me how to cook meals with produce off of my farms. Go study with some of the best personal trainers in the world, go train with my mates.

That should do me for a while.

Looks like I lost my $1.35. I bought another ticket the same anyway for the 70 million draw.

Me too,last week I won 3 numbers plus the sub so still got enough money to play again,once it goes into the 100million range and all the overseas
punters come it may get interesting..imho..

I don't think I'd change much. And definitely not at the beginning.
I think you need a good 12mths to really think about what you want to do rather than quickly blowing it all on friends, family, houses, cars etc.

So I'd blow $50k then put it in a term deposit for a year and have a good think. During that time I'd still work and keep grounded.

After I had worked out my strategy to preserve and grow I would set about doing that in a low risk fashion.

Continue what I am doing now.

Buy up to about the $50mil mark in CIP's. Not all at once but gradually over a 1-2 year time frame. This should provide an additional $5mil pa gross income.

Leaves me $20mil.

Start looking for a new PPOR. Budget around the $5mil. Don't really know where but would need to have water views but not ocean. Likely around the southern side of the Georges River. Must have all entertainment areas facing north.

I guess park the rest in the share market until I decide what to do with it.

So all up additional pa cash flow should be $6.5mil - more than enough to pay for any other little toy I may want going forward.;)

Cheers

Back