Zilzie(near Yeppoon) Beach Block... should I build on it??

Hi there ... my first post on the forum. I own a 750m2 absolute beach front block. Worth I guess around K350. A couple of questions for the many 'hands on' experts here.
1. With a block worth this much what is a sound amt to spend on a house for it for purely investment purposes?
2. What is your feeling re. yields in this holiday type location?
and
3. Where is the best place to source data for buying investment properties? By this I mean information on population trends, house sales etc. Do research companies provide this type of information?

Thank you for your help.

Gabriel

What to do

Gabriel,

Congrats on the land, Your questions are valid, but the answers are many.

I would imagine you could do anything & still come out in front. But if it is absolute Beach front.... one would tend not to build until the area was built out.
It won't take much for this land to double in value./
Getting info on an area where it has not been developed fully (in this case less then 30%) is just dam hard. Mainly because the people who will live there say in 5 years (as at today) have not even heard of the place .

I have been in this situation a number of times. Timing and the goals you set from this Land must work together. But what ever the case you will do well Mr Commensense would agree.

Good Luck
Yes Phil I am awake!!! ha ha
Good to be back

Are there any more beachfront blocks for that kind of price?.
And people say there are no opportunities out there!.
I very much like the look of that place from the photos I`ve seen and given the fact that many experts are saying the area is a shoein for future development and big capitol growth I agree you can`t go wrong, a beach house there would surely rent for plenty. :)

was just lookign at realestate.com.au - does this property compare: 101830980

looks as tho you could spend $500k or so and not overcapitalize? (just based on that) - bear in mind I have never even heard of Zilzie till now. Can you really swim in those waters or are they tropical and full of box jelly fish? nice outlook tho.

Ausprop said:
was just lookign at realestate.com.au - does this property compare: 101830980

looks as tho you could spend $500k or so and not overcapitalize? (just based on that) - bear in mind I have never even heard of Zilzie till now. Can you really swim in those waters or are they tropical and full of box jelly fish? nice outlook tho.

Ausprop
Stingers and crocs. Armourplated pantyhose should be OK if you go in to your waist.

Lplate

I should add that people have been stung in summer by box jellyfish but winter should be OK. As for crocs, the authorities warn about them but we used to swim there some years ago. Maybe the greenies should accept more croc culling if they are commonly moving that far south.

Last edited:
Thanks for the views ...

Yes, there are a number of beachfront blocks in the area for around this price and some others that are very expensive ie. 770m2 res. B @ $670 000+. It is only a hundred or so metres north of 101830980 and yes there are a few boxies in the water from Nov - Mar. but not as bad as FNQ. Best, Gabriel
PS. My block has roughly increased 3 fold in value since 1997

Gabriel.
imho.
as i understand that area has a limited land market,
so imho you have genuine competitive edge with the block you own,
all you have to work out is how to build a house on the conservative
lower price than everyone else ,thats where profitability and security lie.
what height can you build up to the legal required limit.
good luck
willair..

Back