Zoning maps for Brisbane

Does anyone know where you can get (am happy to pay) maps to show all the residential zoning in Brisbane? And also I am looking for explanations of all the descriptions. I have looked on the BCC website but cant find it. I also called today to ask if I can visit the planning department and they said that everything I would need is on the website.

Does anyone know where I can get this or other info to help plan developments. Thanks

Shona

Try GoPrint (the Qld Government Printer) at Woolloongabba. I bought a map showing the BCC zoning from them about 4 years ago. They also have a range of other maps that you can purchase.

Also, why don't you try actually visiting one of the BCC offices - we have done so on a number of occasions, and have found the staff very helpful - the sort of information we have got from them includes 1974 flood levels as they affect individual properties, photographs of pre-WWII houses, as well as the usual drainage/sewerage diagrams etc.

Cheers
LynnH

Hi Lyn and Kaf, thanks a lot for replies.

Yes, Ive used that site a lot - but like you say it is only for individual properties, although for that it is really helpful.

Lyn - which centre have you visited - when I asked about this the person on the phone sounded like it wasnt allowed..?

Thanks so much for your replies.

Shona

We have visited BCC offices at Carindale and Mt Gravatt in the past couple of years. Staff at both have been extremely helpful. Have also had no problems with telephone calls to the City office, particularly when it came to queries about renovating a pre-WWII Queenslander in a demolition control zone (DCZ), and also with details about building applications.

Cheers
LynnH

BCC sells a CD which contains an interactive map which shows zoning, flood areas etc.
I think it costs around $700.

Back