Zoning Question

Hi

Just wondering if anyone can give me a run down of the pro's and con's of having a property re-zoned from "Residential" to "Office & Residential".

I'm a little clues less when it comes to zoning issues so any input would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Hi

Just to add more info - I understand that commercial rental yields are higher than residential but what impact would the rezoning have on value of the property (increase, decrease or no impact).

I assume it would add value to the property due to the increased potential usage and return. What do people think :confused:

Cheeks said:
Hi

Just to add more info - I understand that commercial rental yields are higher than residential but what impact would the rezoning have on value of the property (increase, decrease or no impact).

I assume it would add value to the property due to the increased potential usage and return. What do people think :confused:

Banks won't allow as high an LVR on mixed business and commercial zonings.... tends to be around the 60%-70% from my understanding...

It will increase or decrease depending on the surrounding use of the land - eg if it is the last bit of residential surrounded by commercial or last bit of industrial surrounded by residential.

Cheers,

The Y-man

Back