Zurich Life Term Insurance Plus

We are looking at getting Term Insurance. We went to see a financial planner and has recommended Zurich Life Term Insurance pLUS. Has anyone had any dealings with ZUrich?? Please advise. Thank you. Any other recommendations will be appreciated.

zee

I used to know someone who worked in one of their actuarial teams.

Read the policy docs, compare with other suppliers, compare quotes.

You cant make a decision without that information IMHO.

Buy your insurance through your super if possible, gets paid for with 15%
taxed money instead of your marginal rate.

andy

Agree with Ben's advice.

Also, you might like to look at ASICs consumer website.

If you're still nonplussed call the Investment and Financial Services Association. Yes, they are the industry body that represents life insurers and superannuation funds, but they will tell you who may be able to help you.

Andrew said:
Buy your insurance through your super if possible, gets paid for with 15%
taxed money instead of your marginal rate.

The ASIC website talks about this so certainly check it out.

XBenX said:
I used to know someone who worked in one of their actuarial teams.

As did I, might be the same person. (Geoff T?)

Mark

You can probably also throw Comminsure, Aviva into the mix as well.

Make sure your Financial Adviser is not a tied Zurich Agent and is offering you independant advice. Ensure he has done a complete needs analysis and is not selling you something merely to boost up his commission.

Does the policy have the features you want from a policy.

Ask him if he will look at reducing the premium by offsetting his commission. We offer this for most of our clients as it helps them and is a great source of additional referal business.

Have you check with your superfund? If you are an employee and going through the employer fund, chance are you are already have insurance cover.

Thank you everyone for all the info. Will definitely consider buying it via the superfund. Will do some more reseach now and see how it goes.

cheers,
zee

Back