Zynga - CFDs - brag(?) thread?

my SPY trade is closed out for 115% profit, on a short from $145.60 taken on Oct 19 to a close out last night of $141.50.

i'm still short GOOG and IWM - expecting IWM to follow SPY tonight.

see attached.

IWM closed out last night for a profit take @ $81.05 (as per table above) within the first 30 min.

that's a 120% profit position with my leverage.

GOOG is all over the place but edging ever closer to my $661 exit price.

20DMA moved under the 50DMA last night, again, under the 200DMA on the 30min chart (i base most of my trades on this.)

the daily chart has the 20DMA turning now - both confirm that i think i could reach my $661 either tonight or on Monday night's open when the price movement is digested over the weekend.

oh and i'm short AAPL from $599 tonight if i get filled - profit take $551.

was out of GOOG on Wed open - $670. Indicator divergence forced exit. 173% position profit.

AAPL is just sitting; nay, resting - on the 200DMA. if it breaks below, i'll be glad i'm short, but now it has to break ABOVE $600 again. big numbers still and i still have no reason to exit this short trade. just so you know, my entry was $599.00 and my stop is $608.00.

AAPL tanked last night - i had this "feeling" that stocks were waiting for the election result and I was sure surprised by the drop - i didn;t expect it to plunge, moreso just trickle down.

sitting only $7 off my exit price which could be breached tonight ready for the friday bounce - which sees me out at a 320% position profit.

i hate AAPL and their stupid products so this is like a personal win-win-win for me.

spewin' i'm out of GOOG though - it's looking good again! ah well - i was out for a reason and i can explain why so its still a good trade.

i might start shorting IWM and SPY again - watching watching.

some people may also note that the $VIX trading was halted.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2012-11-07/vix-halted

VIX is the "Volatility IndeX" - it's a crude measure of "fear" in the market place.

why this trade was halted? well, all the Wall St HFT algos use it to form their trade bias and execution. it was rumoured that when Gold jumped Tues ahead of the election result by $50/oz that it set off the VIX 20DMA. If they crossed, it would have been hellfire on Wall St last night.....

So, trading was halted for a free market. It appears the manipulators are losing control of the Gold/Oil supression.

filled Thurs nite for $551 - 346% profit.

went as low as $535 - i knew it was tanking. Friday saw $10 added back to the price for the Fri bounce i was talking about.

indicators are shot - wont be looking at AAPL again for a while, i think.

what IS interesting in the SP500/Russell2000, though.....:wink:

i was filled at 137.80, sank to 137.50 and then was nearly stopped out before midday! stop is 139.50.

back to my entry, sitting pretty. watching iwm closely.

i took some profit on the second bounce off 135, and then rolled down my stop to 136.50.

basically i just over doubled my money at 135, so i sold half and let my profit run.

no sooner did i take some profit, the bloody thing bounced off exactly (!) 136.50 not once, but twice!

so i'm out of this trade for about 165%, well shy of what i wanted.

thanks for the comments - this thread is really just to show people how and why i trade, also a nice public tell-all to stop my itchy trigger finger from getting away from itself....!

when you say - "raise the stakes" - what exactly does that entail?

oh and it wasnt 165% - it was half that - for some reason my spreadsheet had a left over formula for brokers leverage @ 1:2 - so it doubled my return.

profit was 82%.

ie putting more money at risk and getting bigger profits (bigger downside too).

i trade with 20% of my available capital, as explained earlier, with no more than three trades at any one time. i normally only ever have 2 on the go.

that means if i have $100k trading account, the first position will get $20k and the second position will get 20% of the remaining $80k available capital, or $16k, etc.

this means i can hold 40:1 leverage overnight without a margin call - similar to the current CFD 1:10 leverage conditions 90% of people are used to.

that should give some indication of the compounding effect of the 40:1 PLUS the 20% rule.

i still won't be giving away how much i trade with, or what i started with - because it should make no difference. i'm in it for the percentage return and it makes no difference if it's $1 or $1m on the trade - the % return is the same.

this removes a lot of emotion out of the trade because i have back my seed capital many, many, many, many, many times over already so i'm just playing with profit now.

have to remember this is all money i never had to begin with - it's all imaginary money based on other people's opinions of what a particular stock is worth until it's pulled out of a hole in the wall with a piece of plastic and a 4 digit code.

i trade with 20% of my available capital, as explained earlier, with no more than three trades at any one time. i normally only ever have 2 on the go.

that means if i have $100k trading account, the first position will get $20k and the second position will get 20% of the remaining $80k available capital, or $16k, etc.

this means i can hold 40:1 leverage overnight without a margin call - similar to the current CFD 1:10 leverage conditions 90% of people are used to.

that should give some indication of the compounding effect of the 40:1 PLUS the 20% rule.

i still won't be giving away how much i trade with, or what i started with - because it should make no difference. i'm in it for the percentage return and it makes no difference if it's $1 or $1m on the trade - the % return is the same.

this removes a lot of emotion out of the trade because i have back my seed capital many, many, many, many, many times over already so i'm just playing with profit now.

have to remember this is all money i never had to begin with - it's all imaginary money based on other people's opinions of what a particular stock is worth until it's pulled out of a hole in the wall with a piece of plastic and a 4 digit code.

That's why I could not touch this stuff, as I can not operate the way you think as you stated %, the amount of the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for me will always matter. Guess I will just have to stick to property, and have fun watching you make the money, but I really wanna know what your profit is please:p

that's the kind of thinking that lost me money in the first place.

i was $$$ focussed, not %%% focussed. as such, i lost on a lot of bad trades and missed a lot of good ones.

i find divorcing your mind from the $$$ removes the emotions attached with $$$.

you can count how many hours you'd have to work or how many jobs you'd have to do in order to get the amout you want to trade with - you start comparing it to loss-making ventures and voila - you have fear.

fear is fear, but greed is the fear of missing out - so it's all fear based.

remove that and you're good to go.

i'll lay one thing down though - since my initial creep into the market with FB and ZNGA, i'm up 2660% on my initial trading capital.

well, im glad i'm out of the market. signals are choppy coming into christmas....nothing new, they always are.

the walmart strike just gone could really, really effect the dow jones. i have no idea how the DJI broke above 13000 again, i suspect a pump'n'dump.

watching.....watching......

Back