An Investment in Reduction

Hello Carol

The http://weight-loss.fitness.com/ has been 'found' by the search engine, which is significantly different to it being linked to the official Cohen's web sites.

I found Cohen's through google, as I mentioned in the first post in this thread. The thread which I was replying to was this one started by thefirstbruce http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24095&highlight=time+spent+front+computer

The refeeding program takes about eighteen days, depending on the individual's tolerance to the increased food amounts and the complexity of the foods.

After refeeding, that's it! As mentioned, it is now four months since I achieved medical ideal weight, so a little more than three months since I completed refeeding.

What happens now? I eat food, that's all. Nothing to it, no further program. Cohen's are quite specific - no calorie counting, nothing special to do, if the ideal weight was achieved and the refeeding done accurately, the body is conditioned properly and the metabolism restored to a healthy state.

In theory, and unless I deliberately sabotage myself, this is now my weight for the rest of my life.

I like being 60 kilos. I didn't like being 85 kilos - peaking at 87 kilos. Yee-waah! Not a good look and not guaranteed to out live my Mother, who died just short of her 86th Birthday.

Cohen's are there if I need them. I send the occasional email to the Booragoon Clinic who inherited my file after Mitcham closed. However, my accountant and a few other people who have wanted to have joined up with the Geelong Clinic, others have joined via the International program over the web.

My original Contract was for nine months support. I did ask a few questions by email in the early weeks but as time went on and I settled in to a steady jog the only contact I received was the reminders for the four weekly blood tests, which are done at any pathology lab. I think a few of the nurses also joined up - one Saturday morning the nurse said that she was amazed at how many people came through the lab each week for blood tests for Cohen's. When I showed her my jeans (pulling them away from me) she was agape!

I wore the 'big' clothes for as long as I could, but wearing size 16 (stretch) when you are a size 10 is a bit of a problem. I now wear size 8.

If your husband is obese - and provided he wants to do it - this is just the greatest program! It is truthfully very enjoyable. There is no greater thrill than knowing that every three or four days you will weigh one kilo less. You can really chart a course with this, and the beauty of it is that at the end, there you are, slim, trim, taught and terrific, at least ten years younger and ready to go!

But as I said before, this is not a 'play' program. This is the Real McCoy, but you have to be prepared to commit to reaching your medical weight, not just a few kilos or just because your wife / husband has nagged you to do it.

This program is an indulgence. This was for me. This is for whoever decides to do it - for them. Not for any other reason, not even 'because the Doctor said I had to lose weight'. If we don't want to then we won't, and it won't matter what program it is.

I know of at least two people who have chosen this program because I have emphasised that this is 'No Exercise'. You do this sitting quietly, snoozing in front of the TV, going about your daily business. If you have arthritis, or wonky knees, or simply hate getting hot and bothered, it doesn't matter. The program actually works best while you are asleep. If you were Rip Van Winkle this would be the program for you!

Well, I could go on, but suffice to say: When the Student is Ready, the Teacher Appears. I never did a diet before, I have no interest in being on a diet again. This worked for me and I am 100% delighted with the result.

Cheers

Kristine

Kristine, your before and after photos are amazing. You look so much healthier too. Good on yer girl...such a brilliant effort, with fantastic results.

Is there any difference between SURESLIMand COHENS LIFESTYLE ?

Hi,
I have a friend who worked at SureSlim, but I only know the Cohen's program personally.......
There are some differences in the way the programs are delivered. In Cohen's we can eat between meals, where in SureSlim you apparently can't - you have to wait 5 hours before eating again. In SureSlim you can apparently eat Mountain Bread, in Cohen's no bread is allowed. Things like that.
My friend who worked at SureSlim said that when she was on the program she felt hungry alot, which no-one I've spoken to on Cohen's has experienced.
My understanding is that the lady who started SureSlim had lost weight originally on the Cohen's program, but I'm not sure if that's true! My friend said that there was always alot of negative talk about Cohen's when she worked at SureSlim.
But, the proof is in the pudding. Apart from this one girl and one other, I don't know anyone who has done SureSlim. Both these girls lost weight, but didn't get close to an ideal weight range..... They were both very large girls, probably over 130kg. and they probably got down to around 100kg or so. But that is probably like any diet plan, some people succeed and others don't! and what works for some, doesn't work for others

Pen

G'day Kristine,

I caught the "lady in pink" shot about two weeks ago - and wondered then if it was you. And it IS !!!! Fantastic result - you look a million dollars !!

No wonder you are so chuffed.

Regards,

Christmas Eve - Six Months since completion

G'Day

Finished the weight loss program on 24th June, 2006 weighing exactly 60 kilos.

This morning, 24th December, 2006, weighing exactly 60 kilos.

Final Measurements at that date exactly the same as today's measurement.

The Return On Investment with Cohen's has been fantastic!

Anyone wanting to renovate themselves during 2007 could go a long way to find a program as efficient and reliable as this one.

cheers

Kristine

Wow Kristine, that's fantastic. Hope you've budgeted for a few Christmas goodies! You obviously have really good motivation and persistence.

Christmas progress for me too!

Well done K - good to see the weight loss has stabilised - that for me is more of an encouragement than actually losing the weight. Almost anyone can lose weight, its keeping it off thats the real challenge!

I'm over half way in my "investment in reduction".

I've been doing Cohens for 5 1/2 months, and I've lost just under 35 kilos, with another 20 or so to go! I've gone down 6 dress sizes (from 24 in normal shops to 14) and I'm just beginning to fit into size 12 tops.
I eat out a lot so my progress is a bit slower than many on the program, but my measurements are going quite quickly. At present, I'm losing around 1.5 cm off my waist each week!
And I feel much better! not just healthier but more confident and relaxed as well.
So, I can also thoroughly recommend Cohen's too!

G'Day

Finished the weight loss program on 24th June, 2006 weighing exactly 60 kilos.

This morning, 24th December, 2006, weighing exactly 60 kilos.
This is an excellent result Kristine, you have every right to be proud of your achievements.

Was wondering if (from your knowledge) this is a typical result of the Cohens' progam?

I.e, I've seen people lose weight from a selected diet/exercise program, but when the nominated period is over, the weight can slowly creep back on.

It appears the Cohens' program caters for this problem which (if it does) is probably (in my opinion) just as important as the actual beginning/middle/end phase of it all.

I believe that a changed mindset is also important, but that applies to most changes in life anyway.

Once again, well done and I wish you ongoing success with the program, although by now, I'm sure you've got it all sussed out. :)

Regards
Marty

Well done Kristine (and others!) on an amazing effort - you are an inspiration!

I have only read about half of the posts in this mammoth thread, so please forgive me if this has already come up, but can anyone tell me if the Cohen's program caters to vegetarians please? Just curious... :)

Hi Ali

Yes, vegetarians can do the Cohen's program, but you would have to have a high tolerance for tofu!

Vegans may have a hard time, but vegetarians usually eat eggs, dairy, cheese (including feta), tuna (perhaps?).

Vegetarians often have diets high in legumes and pulses, all of which are carbohydrate foods, and all of which get converted to fat as the body develops insulin resistance.

My program actually doesn't include tofu, but we have a Somersoftarian in Japan whose program does include tofu, and a few other Asian foods as well.

Check out the links I posted recently for Cohen's and the support forums - there will be other vegetarians participating who may be able to answer your question more fully.

Cheers

Kristine

(who is now wearing killer stilleto heels with stretch jeans - well, I missed out on this 'look' when I was a teenager - I am catching up on lost dubious fashions now!)

One Year Anniversary

G'Day

Just a diary note to say that today is the One Year Anniversary of my Induction Interview, where I was officially weighed at 85.45 kilos.

I started the program on Saturday, 4th February and completed on Saturday 24th June at 60 kilos. Today I weigh 60.5 kilos but it has been hot in Melbourne this week and I have probably not drunk enough water, so maybe a bit of fluid retention which will be balanced by tomorrow.

It has been a great year. The program itself was very interesting and a lot of fun. What has been even more fun is that quite a few Somersoftarians have also decided to 'do Cohen's', some with absolutely amazing results.

This website was started by two Somersoftarians http://newyouforum.com/forum/
and there is also http://weight-loss.fitness.com/cohens-lifestyle/ and, of course, the official Cohen's website www.lifestyleclinic.com.au

If you have been following this thread for a year and not made a decision yet, why not make 2007 your year of Investment in Reduction? After all, there is not much point in accumulating properties and wealth if you are not going to be around to enjoy it all. Aim for a long and healthy life and one of the major obstacles to achieving that is not a lack of money, but a surfeit of fat.

Best wishes for the coming twelve months. Hope it's a slim one!

Kristine

G'Day

Just the monthly update:

24th April, still holding steady at 60 kilos.

This is now ten months since completing Cohen's on 24th June, 2006 at 60 kilos.

Peter147 is flying, another somersoft Cohenite has just finished losing a total of 46 kilos, and Asy - well, Asy has wizzed past an amazing loss of more than 80 kilos now, in the final home run of her world record shattering goal of losing 91 kilos to arrive at a svelte 75 kilo size 10 / size 8 person having commenced the program on 7th July, 2006 at a slightly larger size!

Lovely to see a few new Somersoft names over at http://newyouforum.com/smf/index.php - the more the merrier as the less the merrier we all get - and stay that way!

Believe me, nothing tastes as good as being slim feels. I am confident that 24th June will see me at the same stable weight.

Go Cohen's!

Cheers

Kristine

New You looks like a great forum with some familair names :D

Congrat's

Thanks heaps!!!

It's coming along nicely, not just a little due to somersoftians wandering in!

This programme is simply life changing. I can't say anything other than that, it's astonishing and so easy to live with.

I'm thrilled beyond belief.

Thanks to Kristine and PTBear who introduced me to it.

asy :D

Reactions: Les
Peter147 is flying, another somersoft Cohenite has just finished losing a total of 46 kilos, and Asy - well, Asy has wizzed past an amazing loss of more than 80 kilos now, in the final home run of her world record shattering goal of losing 91 kilos to arrive at a svelte 75 kilo size 10 / size 8 person having commenced the program on 7th July, 2006 at a slightly larger size!
Wow, what an amazing job people!

Asy, you've surpassed last night's "Australia's Biggest Loser" in percentage weight loss (as I read it).

CONGRATULATIONS!

What an amazing effort!!!!

To everybody who has achieved such great health improvements- congratulations!

(Special thanks to Kristine who started off the trend!)

G'day Asy,

Re the "New You" forum:-
Asy said:
It's coming along nicely, not just a little due to somersoftians wandering in!
"It's coming along nicely" is such an under-statement, girl. Top marks to you and "Lessfatty" for getting it going.

I'm a regular visitor, primarily to cheer (silently, as I haven't registered) as my mates keep going from strength to strength. The enthusiasm and camaraderie there is VIBRANT - and the support uplifting. The members all GIVE so much to all others.

It is a real credit to you. And your personal story and your "gains" are soon to become legend. (Gains sounded so much more positive than "losses" - but then, you ARE gaining a healthy life, and SO much more... so I guess "gains" can stay).

You're in the stadium now - just one more lap (with the crowd all willing you to succeed) and you'll be THERE !!!

Go, girl - you bloody champion !!

Regards,

Thanks Geoff and Les!

I'm so thrilled LessFatty, who's also on this forum (but under a different name, he can 'out' himself if he likes) agreed to help me do the IT setup on the forum, other wise I'd have never got it started!!!

We're nearly at 100 members, which is fantastic since we've only been going under 6 months... I'm really pleased.

I really love the camraderie at the forum, it's fantastic.

Les, register by all means, cheer squad's are always welcome!

asy :D

24th April, still holding steady at 60 kilos.

This is now ten months since completing Cohen's on 24th June, 2006 at 60 kilos.
I've just finished reading this thread (sorry for bumping it up!) but I couldn't resist because not only do you deserve congratulations for sticking to it and acheiving your healthy goal weight, but your posts are very diplomatic, thoughtful and valued.
Thanks for sharing your health journey with SS.

Just wondering how it's going now...20 months on?

(It still seems too good to be true!!)

Back