1.4% discounted variable rate

Anyone on this forum achieve a 1.3%-1.4% discount off their standard variable rate?

http://www.propertyobserver.com.au/...pting-for-variable-rates-mortgage-choice.html

A bit misleading...as this depends on the lender...as Citibank is offering 1.35% discount but their SVR is quite high...so after the 1.35% discount the "delivery" rate is still 4.83% or there abouts roughly....

But say someone like ING who offers something like a 0.51% discount their SVR is very low to start off with and their "delivery" rate is also 4.83%.

1.3-1.4% off a MAJOR is impressive tho....but i have never seen a 1.4% off a major. ( that's like a delivery rate of ~4.48% )

A bit misleading...as this depends on the lender...as Citibank is offering 1.35% discount but their SVR is quite high...so after the 1.35% discount the "delivery" rate is still 4.83% or there abouts roughly....

But say someone like ING who offers something like a 0.51% discount their SVR is very low to start off with and their "delivery" rate is also 4.83%.
Mick, can you expand on the 'delivery' rate? I haven't heard of this before and don't quite understand.

BR

Mick, can you expand on the 'delivery' rate? I haven't heard of this before and don't quite understand.

BR

Delivery rate is the the rate after the discount is applied. It's nice to have a 1.4% discount, but if the reference rate is 7.0%, then the delivery rate is 5.6% and the discount is no longer very good.

80% LVR. Total just over $2,300,000
4.64%

I smell a dragon

concentration risk not a concern ?

if thats a 5th of the portfolio not a prob, but somtimes I find the finance risk gets overshadowed with some borrowers wanting to trade of 20 pts for their financial "lifeline"

ta

rolf

I smell a dragon

concentration risk not a concern ?

if thats a 5th of the portfolio not a prob, but somtimes I find the finance risk gets overshadowed with some borrowers wanting to trade of 20 pts for their financial "lifeline"

ta

rolf

Indeed, that is a risk to be concerned about :)

Back