1 year on the forum and I still cant quote

Dear Everyone,

Such a riduculous question but how do you do quotes when you post?

I have tried everything but the quote text box comes up in the left hand corner of my screen therefore I cannot cut and paste. I am not overly confidant on the computer so I need alot of guidance.

Thanks Mrs Bird:D

Originally posted by Mrs Bird
Such a riduculous question but how do you do quotes when you post?

Mrs Bird,

If you are quoting someone else's post just press the quote button at the bottom of their post and the forum will automatically put the entire text of their post into a quote. You can then delete any bits you don't want in the quote.

If you want to quote something else, you can use the code used to tell the forum to display the text as a quote.

Simply place the tags as below at the start and end of your quote and it will appear as appropriate:

PHP:
[quote]This is a quote[/quote]

Will appear as:

This is a quote

If you want to liven it up even more you can use tags to make the quote (or other text) bold or italic or even change the colour .

Below is how I did these :)

PHP:
If you want to liven it up even more you can use tags 
to make the quote (or other text) [b]bold[/b] or [i]italic[/i] 
or even change the [COLOR=royalblue]colour[/COLOR] .

Cheers,

Aceyducey

have tried everything but the quote text box comes up in the left hand corner of my screen therefore I cannot cut and paste.

Hi Mrs Bird

Try copying the text first before you hit the Quote button or use the Quote all button instead of reply and edit the extra text out that you don't want.

bundy

Are you saying that when you hit the button
182quote.jpg

It doesnt work properly? If so could you be using a very old Internet Explorer version or old version of Netscape?

Oh! My God!

alwayslearning, I've seen some showoffs in my time, but that takes the cake!!

I'm with Mrs Bird, which is why I do the ... or the >> bit.

But perhaps it's just that I've got a treadle powered computer? Perhaps I should have spent that extra $100 and got the steam powered model after all?

I just figured, if treadle power was good enough for School of the Air, it was good enough for me!

Cheers

Kristine

Originally posted by Kristine..
Oh! My God!

alwayslearning, I've seen some showoffs in my time, but that takes the cake!!

I'm with Mrs Bird, which is why I do the ... or the >> bit.

But perhaps it's just that I've got a treadle powered computer? Perhaps I should have spent that extra $100 and got the steam powered model after all?

I just figured, if treadle power was good enough for School of the Air, it was good enough for me!

Cheers

Kristine

Kristine you are such a funny person.
Acey, thankyou so much, how easy was that! and it took me a year to ask.
Bundy thanks
Al, that was so impressive:D :D :D :D

Mrs Bird:)

Originally posted by Mrs Bird
Acey, thankyou so much, how easy was that! and it took me a year to ask.

Mrs Bird,

Keep in mind that you are now one of the top 0.0139% of Australians. (the only ones who know how to quote on the Somersoft forum)

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Back