2 Toilets Vs 1 Toilet for 2 Bedroom in CBD

Dear All,

I had a very long discussion about having 2 toilets vs 1 toilets in City apartments.

Could you please suggest advantages and disadvantages of having 2 toilets in a CBD apartment.

From my Side.

Advantages.

1) 2 toilets two friends or couples can share the apartment.
2) Couple working. Can get ready quicker.
3) Guest can use the other toilet, While the owner can have a personal one.

Disadvantages

1) Waste of Space.

Please post your suggestions.

Thank you
Hari Yellina

Last edited by a moderator:
The more toilets the better I say. My friend reckons its a crappy idea but I disagree. It's all about convenience.

One of our toilets is broken- so it's always good to have a backup.

It's getting fixed now so the family has somewhere to go for Christmas.

Actually you should have 3 toilets in a 2 bedroom unit if it is set up correctly.

A toilet each, with associated bathroom features per bedroom for sole use.

3rd toilet as the powder room for visitors to use.

We have this set up in a few townhouses and houses and it works great.

In a 3 bedroom situation it generally is still only 2 toilets with one located in the main bedroom en-suite and then the 2nd one located in the family bathroom.

So if you can find one with 3 toilets go for it.

Cheers

As a general guide one more wc than the number of bedrooms is OTT but not bad if you can find it. Very unlikely in a unit except for penthouse/prestigious unit.

Likely in a t/h or duplex but older ones tend to have 1 1/2.

Geoff - now that is what I call tight. Xmas and the only place that you think that your family wants to go is ...... ;)

Geoff - now that is what I call tight. Xmas and the only place that you think that your family wants to go is ...... ;)
It's just as well we have a spare. The new one has been installed, and the plumber can't get the cistern to stop leaking when flushed. And there's nobody available to look at it until the new year.

Although there's a small possibility the granny flat will have working plumbing before Christmas. The young ladies will be very happy to be in a place where they can turn up their music.

Back