2ue Interview today

Originally Posted by JIT
Hi Nathan,

Well done!!!

Just curious, how you have managed interest rates in your portfolio to date, ie. how much of your borrowings are fixed vs. variable, what is the lowest discounted variable rate you have, what is the highest rate you are paying, how many banks do you use and which has the majority of your loans... ?

I find that this aspect of a residential property portfolio is often missed in discussions like this where the focus is on the gross or net asset position...

Thanks.

I only borrow to around $1mill pr lender.

I use WBC, STG, BOQ, CBA

Highest rate 8.65% (one silly mistake of a loan) and lowest 5% (or there abouts)

I use to fix, but dont now days. I personally see rates falling in next 12 months. - I bet I will get challenged on this by someone too.

85% of lending now would be variable, if I had to pull a quick figure out of the air.

Hope this helps JIT :)

I asked for proof Nathan, from my reading and analysis of some deals that you have posted (actual data of comparable sales) it shows you have a tendency to stretch em a lil bit, so what weight should you just telling me its worth 6.3million have?

I'll be happy to come over, look at the documents (since you are an open book and geez its going to be a crap load of documents that i request)... infact lets do it at one of the somersoft meetings in Parramatta, ill also bring along the old thread (lucky i printed it) which got deleted so people can admire your fantastic character. You called me a chicken **** in the other thread, which i really don't mind as i have no harsh feelings towards you anyway. But when i got your number via private msg, you wouldn't pick up the phone to discuss. If everything totals 6.3million, 3.5million in equity. Based on valuations of recent sales ill stand on the stage and apologize.

Hopefully this doesn't send you on another demonic rant abusing me over and threatening to post my address and other details.

If you are only generating 58k income from 3.5mill in equity i would suggest selling your entire portfolio, invest whats left over after CGT + selling fee's (circa 2.57mill) invest it @ 6.5% and get 167k P.A hassle free (conservative lics) rather then make 58k and have to manage 34 tenants.

Regards,

RH.

Edit: This is my last post on this... hopefully lol

You never know when to leave things do you?

I am not going to respond because I dont have to. I may show you one day.

Why would I sell a portfolio which has made me $3.5mill in funds over 7 years and given me an income like that? Also dont you understand that if I raise all these small rents by $100pw thats over $176,000 EXTRA cashflow pa?

I have my plans and you have yours, lets leave it at that.

I am walking the talk, and not just throwing around suggestions and trying to emulate Dazz and advising on things I dont have expertise in.

How about we now pack up and move on as mature adults?

Thanks Dazz!

Link looks good, I may look into one of these in a time not too far away, but for present, I have got a goal to hit personally, then I may look into this type of thing :)

I still feel my best RIP lay ahead of me :)

That is the figure (5%) of the value of the portfolio that I get after all purchases. When I had $2m i was getting 100k in rents.....$150k on $3m...$250k on $5m Been consistent all the way.

With aggressive cost management and regular rent increases I was able to $60k plus in positive CF during the GFC when rates hit 5%. Alas...that did not last long....now I would be luck to have 35-40k per annum positive CF.

The good thing.....if my net equity has tripled in 6 years and my gross wealth has quadruapled. The good news I should hit $10m gross and about $6-7m net in about 5-7 years if my current rate of acquisitions and growth continues.:D

that yield figure would be way over the mark, Nathan may be able to get that on purchase price of properties but i would be absolutely amazed if anyone could get that on current value of properties as an average across whole portfolio, 5% would be a good result

Hi Nathan,

Well done mate! Great interview and thanks for sharing.
Give yourself a pat on the back!
I am with Dazz "Onwards and Upwards!"

Cheers

Hi Nathan

well done on the interview. Love your site too, looks like you are doing some awesome stuff on the property front. There will always be those who oppose, its just part of stepping up and being a big person. Keep up the bigger game, you serve no one playing small.

BTW, if you are ever looking for a promoter in Adelaide .... :D:D

Thanks Xenia,

I realised that we are in a country of 21,000,000 or so people. I did the numbers earlier and realised that not everyone will like me or agree with me and people are always out there to criticise.

I will keep doing what I do and it is up to people to be interested or not, learn or not, comment negative or positive. One thing I am big on is my integrity, my words, and I have a clean slate which makes me sleep at night. I conduct business and investing with integrity which makes me sleep at ease.

Thanks for your support, may take up your offer some time down the track :)

Nath.

not to mention most people will not understand what you do and allow their fears to evaluate for them.

People can only judge you according to their own conditioning... not your problem to take on board if you did not raise them :)

The highest intention always prevails so as you said, stick to what you are doing and well done once again. XX

You are an inspiration

Hi Buddy,

You are an inspiration and great motivation. Always learn a lot from you. Keep up the good work and keep striving and sharing.

Cheers
FM

Hey firstmillion

I have not seen you in ages, what are you up to? I'm in Norwood under a new brand, love to catch up if you are in the area.

XX

Keep up the good work !

Rob and I visited a town close to Caboolture,Qld (I think) earlier this week. It had a 3 bedroom house, surrounded by a fence. Rob took a closer look, and all windws had been smashed, and had gotten wet inside.
I said "I wonder if Nathan knows about this".

Good work buddy!
Unfortunately their are always ppl who frown and feel threaten by the success of anothers- maybe because your success make them feel bad, makes them feel small ( less successful).

Either way, keep at it! it's only the internet/forum after all - life still goes on :)

Regards
Michael

Well done Nathan.

Really enjoyed the interview too.

Thanks for sharing some numbers with us learners mate....much appreciated.

As for that flat earther RH, my sums had you having gained 500k p/annum minus your own bread thrown into deals here and there, with a grand a week of cashflow left over each week to use on your next purchase...Sounds good to me!!

Was he selling shares???

Fair dinkum, I bet he has a black belt in NoCanDo.

Cheers
Pango.

Hi Nathan,

The thought of managing all those properties is daunting to me. But 6 mill in value at, say, average 5%/yr long term gives you 300k/yr in CG + rising rents with inflation doing its magic = setting you up for life. Great work and keep doing what you enjoy and know best. No need to take on the high risk stuff if you are satisfied with your current path. As you say, integrity is paramount in your business dealings so keep it sound and sleep well. :)

Hi Nathan,

If you need an editor for all the publications you'll be doing, feel free to PM me. LOVE your work! But God knows your grammar and punctuation are atrocious. I'll do it for 50%, net!

Great work Nathan,

one of the greatest sources of info comes from this forum to people like yourself i love reading up on these pages and taking what i want from them
however ppl are disagree on others accomplishments much respect mate keep them comming.

Jaime:)

Back