3 & 5 year fixed rates thread

When you guys talk about number of loans, I cannot help but think, would one loan, and then perhaps for flexibility, a line of credit, not be a way to go?

When you guys talk about number of loans, I cannot help but think, would one loan, and then perhaps for flexibility, a line of credit, not be a way to go?

No! No! No! No!

To do that you would have to have everything in the one bank and cross collateralised to death. If you want to grow a portfolio you need flexibility. Giving it all to the one bank just won't do.

I was offered 6.59% fixed for one year on a new loan but I am thinking of sticking to their variable offer (6.94%) and fix next year when the Gurus on Somersoft do :).

Only a small number of banks charge a bit more especially if you go for a 95% LVR on I/O.

From memory- Citibank charges extra 0.1%

Regards
Michael

Skater, I am sorry, I may need some one help me understand the "flexibility" of having a seperate loan with each property, over one loan for the lot. I will add, that at my stage of life, I am not at the upper end of LVR, and my borrowings are in the name of a trust, so that allows me a great deal of flexibility, in my opinion.

Skater, I am sorry, I may need some one help me understand the "flexibility" of having a seperate loan with each property, over one loan for the lot. I will add, that at my stage of life, I am not at the upper end of LVR, and my borrowings are in the name of a trust, so that allows me a great deal of flexibility, in my opinion.

Banks can (and do) play nasty when loans are cross-collateralized.

Skater, thanks for the reply. I have not had personal experience of that, however I am not pushing the envelope, so may have skid under the radar. I suppose everyones position is so different, that will have a bearing on things. Again thanks, and best wishes.

Banks can (and do) play nasty when loans are cross-collateralized.

While on this train of thought...

Skater, does this only apply when it comes to selling? I don't see how else it would affect anything, unless you wanted to release some equity, and one property went up while another went down.

While on this train of thought...

Skater, does this only apply when it comes to selling? I don't see how else it would affect anything, unless you wanted to release some equity, and one property went up while another went down.

Well, I just went through a 6mth torture from a Building Society in order to release a security of mine. They had an extra title in the mix so I could get across the line when I bought the last one from this lender. This was some time ago now, so I wanted my title back.

All done now, but they really didn't want to give it back. This caused a few problems as there was stuff that I would have liked to purchase, but could not refinance anything until this was put to bed in case they got a whiff that I was getting extra funds as we don't fit their criterior any more.

Call me greedy, but I am dreaming of 6.00% for 5 years with CBA. It's currently 6.33% for 3 years. It's funny how greedy we get. If they would have offered me 6.33% 6 months ago, I would have sent them thank you emails. Now I've got my hand out asking for more.

I caught the interest rates as they bounced up last time, will probably happen to me again.

Heritage are down to 6.39

6.39% Fixed for 5 years.(comparison rate 7.07%)
Unlimited repayments andlump sums
Unlimited and free redrawif under the Pro Pack
Available for CONSTRUCTIONLOANS 95%
Debt consolidations 85%
Re-finances 90%
First Home Buyers 95%
Interest only for investors
Nil app fee if under ProPack

ta'rolf

Back