3 & 5 year fixed rates thread

Will be speaking to my broker to see if what we are doing affects him.

If it does, please don't leave it to long to contact ANZ. We had a bit of hassle righting this, even when we contacted them straight away. These things should not happen in the first place really.

I hastily fixed rates in April thinking they had peaked....and then managed unwind some as I fixed too early.

However, could not get out of 3 fixed for 2years at 5.99 and 5.95%. So not too bad.

If we are lucky we might see if 2 or 3 year rate at 5.59%!

Bank of Melbourne fixed rates:
5.74% - 1 yr
5.74% - 2 yrs
5.89% - 3 yrs

Same thing. Fixed a few loans around 6% .
That was down from 7.25 so still a win.
Loved what it did to my cash-flow more than anything else.
With rates possibly heading lower I might have to look at the other 50% of my loans. It's a good feeling when your IPs completely look after themselves but another .5 % drop will see my IP,s paying the remainder of my PPOR.
A property market going to crap isn't ideal but when you are not bleeding it's fine to wait it out.

Agree that the above scenario will be awesome! :)

Depending on the amount you're borrowing and what rate you're on now, it'd be good to consider the potential cost of waiting too. Just a thought.

I hastily fixed rates in April thinking they had peaked....and then managed unwind some as I fixed too early.

However, could not get out of 3 fixed for 2years at 5.99 and 5.95%. So not too bad.

Nice that they let you "unwind" some :D

Hard to predict what's going to happen so I fixed some loans for 2 years at 6.04%, some for 1 year at about 6% and the rest were left variable.

If they can down to 4.99% for 3 years again, I'll definitely fix at that rate.

Hard to predict what's going to happen so I fixed some loans for 2 years at 6.04%, some for 1 year at about 6% and the rest were left variable.

If they can down to 4.99% for 3 years again, I'll definitely fix at that rate.

Yep that was an insane rate at that time! lasted only for a few weeks only though and i think a lot of people missed out thinking it would go below 4.50...

Westpac's offering me 5.79% for 2 years fixed, said they cannot do 3 years at this time. Just wondering I should hang out for a little longer and see if they will come down.

Hi All,

Vplus.com.au are offering 5.61% fixed for 3 years. This is the lowest I can find currently. And this is before the latest interest rate cuts so they might go lower?

Cheers
Lacasa

ANZ 5.90% pa for 3 years

NAB 5.99% pa for 3 years (Choice Package)

WBC 5.99% pa for 3 years (Premier Advantage Package)

CBA 5.99% pa for 3 years (Wealth Package)

Please correct me if I am wrong on the above, but this is what the Big 4 bank websites say...

First time they have all dropped below 6% for 3 year rates in a while.

We are getting very close to the sweet spot now... if not already there.

If anyone can negotiate lower than these advertised rates please post for the benefit of all.

We are getting very close to the sweet spot now... if not already there.

what's your sweet spot in terms of rates? I think 5.7 for me will make me pull the trigger. I'm with NAB with the choice package. If I fix, does that mean I lose the 100% offset facility?

Having an "advertised" low rate is pretty useless if it doesn't have the correct features to support your investing journey + the total set up cost/on going.

For example:

1. NAB's 5.99% for 3 years is for P/I only....if you want I/O then it's +0.10% - simliar to what Citibank does.

2. on going fee- some will have a $300+ annual fee ...which is ok for larger loans

3. Set up cost / Fixed rate lock in fee - Low set up fee for existing clients of the bank, but for refinances it could take over 1 month! so a rate lock is normally advised and depending on the bank it could cost anything from a set cost of $0 -$ 600 ....and then you have the greedy banks that charges a % anything from 0.10-0.15% of your loan amount...

5.99 + 0.15% on a 2 years fixed rate = not as pretty as it looks!

P.s The fixed rate prices are def great right now, sitting below 6%!!

Regards
Michael

I just don't see the appeal of fixed rates for anyone unless you aren't working and never ever intend to sell. The cons seem to outweigh the pros in any situation, particularly for longer-based terms.

Back